Blindfold Test Master Signup Thread

Dan Gould

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an idea:

What would you think about a list of all "used" tracks in alphabetical order by performer's last name? (gotta start this as long as it's easy ...)

This would help to avoid duplications.

I would post this in the Test Master Thread.

Edited by mikeweil

• 2 weeks later...

What did I miss? Am I still on the list? If not, what the hell? (pumping fist)

Now what do you think you missed?

As far as your own test is concerned, you're still on the list, of course, but that will take a few weeks ...

As far as your participation and disc receipt of individual Blindfold Tests is concerned, you'll have to signup for each disc/test individually, in the signup threads started by the test master when he/she prepares the disc for shipment, about a week in advance. Maybe you missed this or there was a misunderstanding.

You still can signup for # 7, click here!

I guess I didn't miss anything, I misunderstood and thought the moderator selection process had changed. Thanks Mike. And couw for getting this thing so organized. One thing I would like to see a master signup list where I don't have to chime in every month to be included on the next mailing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to participate in EVERY blindfold test. Has this been discussed already? I have a hard time keeping up to date around here these days.

I guess I didn't miss anything, I misunderstood and thought the moderator selection process had changed. Thanks Mike. And couw for getting this thing so organized. One thing I would like to see a master signup list where I don't have to chime in every month to be included on the next mailing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to participate in EVERY blindfold test. Has this been discussed already? I have a hard time keeping up to date around here these days.

Well, then, why not start your own, "The Following People Wish To Be Included In All Future Blindfold Tests," post your name and address and anyone else who wishes to can add their name and address to the list.

I thinks not many will want their name and address out there for everyone to see.

impossible, I think going through the trouble of signing up to a BFT is the least thing one should be willing to go through.

• 3 weeks later...

Hm...at the risk of sounding like a grouch or an impatient sort, I thought I'd ask if perhaps the pace of BFTs might benefit from a goosing? I just did a little math & figured out that at the current rate of progress (nearly 8 BFts since August 2003), at position 34 in the signup list I'd be doing my BFT in May of 2006. & there's 7 other people even further down on the list...!

goosing would be good.

consider that we have had two double disc tests in the past few and another two-disc set on the way next. (i think jim dye is supplying one as the bft and the second as just for grins.) your call might be right on to make these things one disc only for the purpose of serious discussion. also the start ups vary so due to the logistics of distribution. some who don't get their's right away feel slighted etc. and then there are about 25% of the folks on the receiving end who post nothing whatsoever, either they are just mystified, dont like it, got the disc too late or just don't have the time (oh but they will post and peruse politics and deworming your ferret threads).

as for my "grouch" opinion i strongly feel that those who sign-up should at the very least post a couple of required syllables. one can compare a given list as jim and i have both posted in the sign-ups with those who actually have something to say, within the discussion or answer forum. the fact that someone took the time to create something and send it to them, like it or not, should be acknowledged. :angry::rmad::wacko:

cue track #20 BFT 7. :g

Edited by Man with the Golden Arm

• 1 month later...

I too think anyone who receives a disc should at least post he has received and liked it - or not, maybe - to express his or her appreciation of the Test Master's efforts.

The practice of having a new signup thread for each BT is well established by now, it seems.

Please check your position on the Test master list, if you were under ' 20, as King Ubu asked me to place him further down the list, for several reasons.