Why was Bixieland banned?

blind-blake

I must say I am always a bit suspect about people who come on here and post mainly in the politics form, there must be loads of purely political fourms on the WWW, why go to a Jazz board to do so, Bixieland never really posted in the music threads and when did it was usually asking fairly ill informed questions.IMHO.

Then you should be suspicious of Johnny E, too.

Hey, speaking of stalking -- don't look now but Chris A is back to haunt Use3D!! :lol: Chris, how goes it? Vic Christianson's been looking for you.

It goes well, Weizy. I never stopped peeking in here, but my posting days here are essentially over, because I have my own, no hassle spot: http://stomp-off.blogspot.com. Victor can find me there every day. :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an 'ignore' feature that is very handy here. I suggest people use it. And if you get into rants over politics know going in it could get ugly and act like adults. And don't take it that damn seriously. As you were.......(;

So, if someone like Bixieland were in your home and acted the way he behaved here, you would simply ignore him? You might say that this is not a fair comparison, but this is how I view the board. Jim and the rest of the band have created a home for people like us in which we can share our thoughts and opinions. We are their guests and should behave as such. Of course there's room for disagreement and for passionate exchanges of different views. However, when someone repeatedly shows disrespect for their hosts and the other guests, no one should be surprised when that person is shown the door.

From wikipedia: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

The guy revealed his true colors in the last thread. Again, I trust that everyone is here in good faith. With his last postings he illustrated without a doubt in my mind that he was here as a troll, that his arguments were disingenuous, and that he was playing a game. It's like trying to have a conversation with someone about a topic you care deeply about only to realize the guy actually doesn't respect you at all and is only engaging you because he thinks its funny. You're being played for a fool. I'm not going to play that game. As I said before, it's disingenuous, disrespectful, and dishonest. And frankly, it pissed me off.

This is supposed to be a community. Many of us have a long history together going back to the BNBB. The last thing I want to see is this place being overrun with trolls like the Branford forum, which was a really cool place in the beginning. Bixie was the brother to Che, just on the other side. Their purpose here was solely to disrupt.

I'm been waiting for someone to label me as a hypocrite. I guess you could do that, though I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I do have more patience for certain posters here, like Johnny E and Allen (only pointing you guys out because your names have already been brought up). I guess I have more patience with musicians in general because I am one and I know first-hand their idiosyncrasies. Allen will be the first to tell you, though, that I've gone after him in PM on certain matters. I'd like this place to attract more musicians, actually. And if that happens, we'll see some real characters around here! :)

Herr Weizen would simply mesmerize them with a peak into his refrigerator which is always stocked with the finest of brews. It effectively disarms 99% of all org board members.

...and for that remaining pesky 1%, we employ a little black magic and lure them in with Okult #1. Have a look, Jon....look deeper...deeper..... :eye:

Breaking into the last of my Luxembourg stock tonite...... only four 4-packs left. smiley30.gif

100_2613.jpg

Herr Weizen would simply mesmerize them with a peak into his refrigerator which is always stocked with the finest of brews. It effectively disarms 99% of all org board members.

...and for that remaining pesky 1%, we employ a little black magic and lure them in with Okult #1. Have a look, Jon....look deeper...deeper..... :eye:

Breaking into the last of my Luxembourg stock tonite...... only four 4-packs left. smiley30.gif

100_2613.jpg

Where do you buy spirits like this? Toledo has nuthin!

I live in the craft beer capital of the world. Be happy with your lot. I was but a thrall to the Siren song of specialty swill for years until I realized what was happening to me. Hefeweizens, Bocks, Porters, Pale Ales, IPA's and the like can cause you to lose track of what's really important. Make mine a Pabst Blue Ribbon any day of the week.

Up over and out.

I find it hard to believe anyone following the political thread missed his personal attacks on Jim and his family (over a few months). I think this is more than bad taste and am currently looking for that gun I'm supposed to have. I can protect my friends, right?

In posts 23 & 28 you called for an end to it all. Now, after we've successfully maneuvered the thread into a pepper spray/blow up dolls/beer zone, you kick up the sand all over again. Sheesh!

...and now, back to my fridge!! :excited:

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen