Why was Bixieland banned?

blind-blake

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I miss something? I enjoyed his music posts. And although I disagree with most of his political views, I never saw him get nasty with them.

Maybe I never stumbled into the right threads, but I rarely read any comments from him about music. Mosaic thread once in a while was about it. He pretty much set up as a squatter in the political threads, from what I can tell.

Johnny is pretty much a squatter in the political threads, too, (excepting the times that he is promoting his band's efforts) so I hope Bixie wasn't tossed for having political views that don't jibe with the overwhelming leftist tilt of most O-people. I'm going to assume he went too far, got a few warnings, then got shitcanned for something other than the content of his political beliefs.

Johnny is pretty much a squatter in the political threads, too, (excepting the times that he is promoting his band's efforts) so I hope Bixie wasn't tossed for having political views that don't jibe with the overwhelming leftist tilt of most O-people. I'm going to assume he went too far, got a few warnings, then got shitcanned for something other than the content of his political beliefs.

Well, Jim of course can speak to that if he chooses, but I'd say that's a safe assumption.

I'd be surprised if anyone concluded he was turfed out for his political views -- whatever they were.

Jim's board, Jim's call. Other than Joe & Randy, the rest of us are guests. I'll abide by whatever Jim wants to do on his board. I always have the option to not hang out here.

That seems fair to me. :)

That means we're stuck with you? :crazy:

Unless I don't get my Trane box set. If that happens I'm totally going postal. :crazy:

I make the assumption that everyone is here in good faith. His tactics were disingenuous, dishonest, and disrespectful of the intelligence of the community and I got tired of putting up with it.

Sounds reasonable to me.