Can you ID this avant-jazz artist/composition?

shnaggletooth

Tony Scott?

I gave a listen to some Tony Scott excerpts on the Amazon site, but I couldn't find anything that sounded like the piece.

Here's a more conventional piece that might be easier to ID. It's from an acetate labeled "Body and Soul" (with "Drum solo" written on the reverse side). I think it's Coleman Hawkins, but that's my own barely-educated guess. The distortion is from the original recording source: http://www.divshare.com/download/8862940-f6b

Edited by shnaggletooth

Here's a more conventional piece that might be easier to ID. It's from an acetate labeled "Body and Soul" (with "Drum solo" written on the reverse side). I think it's Coleman Hawkins, but that's my own barely-educated guess. The distortion is from the original recording source: http://www.divshare.com/download/8862940-f6b

I can only help in a negative way - it's not Coleman Hawkins.

Sun Ra and Moondog seem to fit that kind of music. Why or why couldn't whoever prepared the disc (either one) take the extra one second and write down the performers' names? :rolleyes:

On the same topic of mysterious acetate discs, here's an older thread of mine concerning an alleged "Charlie Parker" recording. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that mystery.