Bill Evans Trio - Live in London

EKE BBB

I don't have this one but here's a bit of info gleaned from the Web.

This exciting release showcases the first time an American jazz trio came to London to perform live at a nightclub. Much anticipation indeed! Musical performances captured from the opening night in March, 1965.

New release -- "The Bill Evans Trio Live in London" -- Recorded at Ronnie Scott's Club in March of 1965. Evans, Israels, Bunker. This was obviously recorded on the sly with a personal tape recorder. The sound is one cut below "The Secret Sessions" -- very muffled. But the playing is terrific. And there's a seven-minute interview with Bill at the end of the recording. (Ironically, the other night I was playing the videotapes of Jazz 625 for my nephew, which were made during the same period as these Ronnie Scott dates.) Evan -- Is the estate receiving royalties for this CD? I sure hope so. Even as I lamented the sound quality of the recording, I marveled at Bill's genius. It is an absolute crying shame that more of these live performances weren't preserved on tape for future generations. That the National Endowment for the Arts didn't subsidize such an endeavor. Mike Harris is certainly right about that. - RMicci billevans.org