MAYNARD FERGUSON "CHAMELEON"

Guest WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

My name is Randy Marsh.. I'm the drummer in Organissimo and I remember telling you about my father, tenor man  Arno Marsh and his off and on stints with Woody's Third Herd..

That Gretsch kit, long gone, was an early 70's kit, 14" x 20" bass, 8" x 12", & 16" x 16" and was glossy black..

Yeah, we were all getting pretty tore down that night...  :tup

NO SHIT?? Now I remember you. Of course Arno Marsh was the key.

Is your father still alive. Didn't we go over to your house after the gig?

I remember being at someone's house who had the Verve record "WOODY '58".

I tried to buy it. It may have been yours and you wouldn't part with it. As a result one of the trumpet players lifted it from the collection. If you remember losing that Lp then it was your crib.

Man, this is too much.

WINGY :o

I don't remember anybody lifting any of my sides and it was my crib we hung out at. Early that morning I believe I dropped you and Farrell off at the hospital...

My father is now 75, very much alive, and doing very well.. In fact, he is living in Boulder City, NV and is playin' quite a bit. He recently inherited a 1952 Selmer Mark VI that was originally owned by Stan Getz! He occasionally tours with Fred Radke's bands and has a Basie like Monday night gig somewhere in Vegas.

Last Summer he came up to Michigan and played with Organissimo for a 5 day mini-tour. B3er is working on some of the recordings made that week. His e-mail address is: MarshNV@aol.com I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

Have a great Thanksgiving! I've got to run and do 5 hours of drum lessons...