THE JAZZMOBILE WET DREAM

Guest WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

a) He will hurl abuse at a few members to get them riled.

b.) He will also extend the hand of camaraderie to a few others. Some will go along hoping to keep him calm; some sadly, will join in with him hoping to bask in his notoriety.

c) The outcome will be board members turning on one another in quarrels over whether he should stay or go.

d) Mr D'Imperio will dance around all of this enjoying the mayhem he has caused.

:wacko: It ain't rocket science, folks.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.... Let's talk about different ways one can improvise the "Swiss Triplet" or the "Single Flam Mill"... :D

FUNNY YOU WOULD BRING THAT UP, RANDALL.

That "SWISS TRIPLET" (actually it's the SWISS ARMY TRIPLET) may have saved my life.

It was 1965 and my draft number was coming up. My father owned a bar and the recruiting Sergeants were getting drunk in there on a daily basis. One of them knew I was gonna get called up and suggested I audition for the band. Now back in '65 the Swiss Army Rudiments were not that well known.

I took a taped audition for the New York Army band and when it came time to play the the flam accent #2 I segued into that Swiss Army Triplet.

I was accepted immediately into the New York Army Band, thus avoiding the infantry and probably Vietnam....and possibly DEATH!!

Hmmmmmm.....I wonder how CHRISTIERN avoided military service?

WINGY

Edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

Patricia, I am really surprised that you can't see what Dan is doing. This is no longer a fun place to visit, and he will on with his insults and nonsense until it's either him or the BBS.

I'm outta here as a poster until sanity is restored.

I really hope you'll stick around, Chris!

Even though there was a time in the past when I disagreed with almost everything you posted politically, I have to give you credit for sparking a great change in my thinking. Please reconsider your decision! I really appreciate what you bring to this board. Losing you here would be like losing a family member here. :(

I'm outta here as a poster until sanity is restored.

Christiern,

I must say that I will certainly miss the fun that we've had together.

It's too bad that when people don't agree with your Sociological and Political views you have to pick up your toys and ABSQUATULATE..... but I think I can speak for the rest of us when I say...YOU'VE GOT YOUR HANDS FULL AT JAZZ CORNER AND ALLABOUTGIZZ.

Sanity is hard to see when viewed through a jaundiced, 2000 year old retroactive percecution complexed eye.

The nice thing about Organissimo is that lurkers are identified.

In short: If you don't mean what you say...WE CAN SEE YOU!!!

WINGY :)

.............FUCK JIM!!!

I woke up in a cold sweat!!

WINGY

.:.NEW as of Nov. 27, 2003.:.

We have implemented a new warning system. Below each member's name is a warning bar that goes from green to red. Warnings will be issued for behavior and/or language we deem to be worthy of action. Members may amass 10 warnings before their posting privileges are revoked. The member will not be banned at this point, however he/she will not be able to post for an amount of time to be determined by the moderators.

Posting privileges may be re-instated at which point the member will have his warning reduced by half. If it fills up again, he/she may face possibly banishment.

If we find that members are purposely goading other members in order to increase the warning bar of that member, we will revoke the posting privileges of the provocateur.

It is our hope that this system will help maintain the civil and friendly atmosphere we currently enjoy at the Organissimo Forums.

Thank you for your understanding and as always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

WOW, we must be racking up points tonight. A crash test (so to speak) for the new "warning system" B) RED ALERT! :rmad:

Yeah.... Let's talk about different ways one can improvise the "Swiss Triplet" or the "Single Flam Mill"... :D

FUNNY YOU WOULD BRING THAT UP, RANDALL.

That "SWISS TRIPLET" (actually it's the SWISS ARMY TRIPLET may have saved my life.

It was 1965 and my draft number was coming up. My father owned a bar and the recruiting Sergeants were getting drunk in there on a daily basis. One of them knew I was gonna get called up and suggested I audition for the band. Now back in '65 the Swiss Army Rudiments were not that well known.

I took a taped audition for the New York Army band and when it came time to play the the flam accent #2 I segued into that Swiss Army Triplet.

I was accepted immediately into the New York Army Band, thus avoiding the infantry and probably Vietnam....and possibly DEATH!!

Hmmmmmm.....I wonder how CHRISTIERN avoided military service?

WINGY

'Sticking' with the subject of Rudiments (pun intended) :) ...

I have some of my students playing the Swiss Army Triplet instead of the Flam Accent #1. I find they can get greater speed, and can more easily play brighter tempos..

I also find the Single Flam Mill to be much more efficient, can be played at greater speeds, and definately flows better than the archaic Single Flam Paradiddle. By turning the basic Paradiddle sticking around so It's R-R-L-R-L-L-R-L, this eliminates the problem of 3 strokes on each hand when the flams are applied .. I've got some cool exercises I've created in 16ths that apply accented combinations of Swiss Army Triplets & Single Flam Mills. I'm going to write some other variations in a 12/8 feel...

I have some of my students playing the Swiss Army Triplet instead of the Flam Accent #1. I find they can get greater speed, and can more easily play brighter tempos..

Right, it substitues for Flam Accent #1. (It's the booze that fucked me up).

I like to use that Swiss Army Triplet leading with my right hand from the small tom to the floor tom.

Anthony Williams used it to nice effect with the GREAT JAZZ TRIO.

WINGY

RANDALL,

PLEASE, MAN...THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT MUSIC....IT'S ABOUT DREAMS...DIG??

I dozed off for a moment in between posts and my THANKSGIVING DAY'S cogitation came back to me (which occured during my "walking off my medication PERAMBULATION") as I was dozing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the Constitutioon of the U.S. ..especially the 2nd amendment

I also agree with GAY RIGHTS TO SAME SEX MARRIAGES, which some bigots (me not being one) think goes against God's natural plan.

Some people think that the nuptial blessing between a man & his pet go against "GOD'S NATURAL PLAN".

I have a female dog named BLANCHE. I LOVE BLANCHE!!

If GAY RIGHTS ACTIVISTS lobbyed for same sex marriage, I believe that I (and Blanche) have the right to exchange conjugal vows, in the name of "ANIMAL RIGHTS".

At that point of acceptance by my government, who among you is to say that Blanche's and my exchange of sexual activity goes AGAINST GOD'S NATURAL PLAN ??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it should be introduced into law as the OEDIPUS REX BILL (THE ODYSSEY OF A MAN & HIS DOG)

GOD BLESS THESE UNITED STATES AND OUR PRESIDENT, GEORGE W. BUSH.

WINGY :)

p.s. CHRISTIERN, WE CAN SEE YOU!!!

LAST COUNT:

THIS THREAD - 3713 VIEWS

BRAXTON - 91

Let's ban DEEP.... he's bad for business....BURN THE BOOKS...BAN HIM!!

Christiern...WE CAN SEE YOU!!!

I bid you all a fond good night....(who knows what dreams will appear during this "WRAPPING MYSELF IN THE ARMS OF MORPHEUS" [THE GREEK GOD OF SLEEP]...DUH!!)

I'll give you all a full report on the morrow.

In short: SLEEP TIGHT AND DON'T LET THE BED BUGS BITE...THE LOVE BUG'LL BITE YOU IF YOU DON'T *WASH* OUT!!

GONE

WING

A poem about Death. The great leveller. We laugh because it's not going to happen to us.

All I can think to answer is with the following:

A Character

With a half-glance upon the sky

At night he said, 'The wanderings

Of this most intriate Universe

Teach me the nothingness of things.'

Yet could not all creation pierce

Beyond the bottom of his eye.

He spake of beauty : that the dull

Saw no divinity in gras,

Life in dead stones, or spirit in air;

Then looking as 'twere in a glass,

He smooth'd his chin and sleek'd his hair,

And said the earth was beautiful.

He spake of virtue : not the gods

More purely when they wish to charm

Pallas and Juno sitting by:

And with a sweeping of the arm,

And a lack-lustre dead-blue eye,

Devolved his rounded periods.

Most delicately hour by hour

He canvass'd human mysteries,

And trod on silk as if the winds

Blew his own praises in his eyes,

And stood aloof from other minds

In impotence of fancied power.

With lips depress'd as he were meek,

Himself unto himself he sold:

Upon himself himself did feed:

Quiet, dispassionate, and cold,

And other than his form of creed,

With chisell'd features clear and sleek.

Tennyson

The Life Without Passion

They that have power to hurt, and will do none,

That do not do the thing they most do show,

Who, moving others, are themselves as stone,

Unmoved, cold, and to temptation slow,

They rightly do inherit Heaven's graces,

And husband nature's riches from expense;

They are the lords and owners of their faces,

Others, but stewards of their excellence.

The summer's flower is to the summer sweet,

Though to itself it only live and die;

But if that flower with base infection meet,

The basest weed outbraves his dignity:

For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;

Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds.

W. Shakespeare

:D:D Thought I'd raise the tone, since poetry was injected into the thread.

Edited by patricia

Does anybody else find it odd that Wingy, who purports to be "Mr. Stream of Consciousness" (or seeming so, at least) – edits so many of his posts???? From this thread alone, he's edited 13 of his own messages.

Not that there's anything wrong with that -- hell, I edit as much or more than Wingy does. But, for someone who posts what he posts (in terms of content), and the way he posts (in terms of style) -- the edits seem to suggest a far more calculated effort than one might otherwise expect. (Or, maybe just as calculated an effort as one might expect.) Just an observation, but one that I think is worth considering. Food for thought... :w

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 25 2003, 12:06 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 25 2003, 01:07 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 25 2003, 04:29 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 25 2003, 04:46 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 27 2003, 11:03 AM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 27 2003, 12:04 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 27 2003, 03:49 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 27 2003, 08:11 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 27 2003, 08:13 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 27 2003, 08:53 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 27 2003, 09:25 PM

This post has been edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED) on Nov 27 2003, 10:26 PM