THE JAZZMOBILE WET DREAM

Guest WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

It would appear that Evan and Arm are pretty much naive.

I suggest they *BONE UP* on a few of the Jazzmobile participants.

Nothing like being uniformed and then stating an opinion. :blink:

WINGY

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like being uniformed and then stating an opinion. :blink:

WINGY

is "uniformed" the same as "uninformed"? :P

ok, i'll bite, where does one go to "bone up" on the "Jazzmobile"? (and should i really care?) :g

btw wingy, if you are looking to win friends here, try posting in the "Babe" thread! :excited:

Edited by Evan

I think it's safe to say that if you're uniformed and not in the military or an athlete, the odds are good that you've been uninformed in some way somewhere along the line.

Hell, that probably holds true for a lot of folks in the military as well, God bless'em. Athletes too, come to think of it.

Dr.Billy Taylor's bigass glasses have always bugged me (but not as much as his playing...). Not that that's relevant to anything...

Dr.Billy Taylor's bigass glasses have always bugged me (but not as much as his playing...). Not that that's relevant to anything...

Angry,

Shake hands on that one. His playing is SO VANILLA it could take you back to when HOWARD JOHNSON'S only had two flavors.

How anyone could confuse his participation on JAZZ AT MASSEY HALL for Bud Powell's is beyond me. (All the Things We Weren't).

But...HE'S A DOCTOR SO HE MUST BE GOOD...(just like Dr. Michael White and Dr. Art Davis...ugh!!).

Could Bessie Sing The Blues??

Could Lester Leap In??

Could Linda Lovelace Give Head??

(Oh man...now I've done it!!)

WINGY

This thread is seeing more action than Free Paris Hilton Mpeg site! :D

IT'S THE WHINERS / PULERS (look that word up).

THEY REALLY CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES.

SCREAM "LIBERALISM" THEN SCREAM "FOUL,...... BURN THE BOOKS AND...BAN HIM"

YEAH...LIBERALISM RULES IN A FREE SOCIETY...CHOKE, GAG, REGURGITATE!!

WINGY

Just a quick question so as not to offend a poster here:

Is this Stapleton who posts here a man or woman??

The AVATAR shows some kind of MA & PA KETTLE portrait..

...or at best an ESTHER (the mother) & CLIFFORD CLAVIN shot.

So as not to offend this poster would someone please clarify the gender

of Bev Stapleton.

(The female is in the foreground in the AVATAR so I would assume it's a woman).

WINGY

Edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

Just so I don't get inundated with "Report This Post" emails

Don't let my little storm of steel friend, the Red Menace, find out the identities of these tattling little apfel-polishers or they'll quickly find themselves doing zee wango tango in one of his NKVD dungeons in Kaliningrad!!!

You bring a nostalgic smile to this old wizened commissar's face, Herr Doktor!!! :g If only we had had your considerable skills and talents there to help along our inquiries!!! Much time and trouble would have been saved.

Have you considered making this Comrade Wingy character stand on one foot for days on end???

And now back to my online gambling binge.

The AVATAR shows some kind of MA & PA KETTLE portrait..

...or at best an ESTHER (the mother) & CLIFFORD CLAVIN shot.

So as not to offend this poster would someone please clarify the gender

of Bev Stapleton.

(The female is in the foreground in the AVATAR so I would assume it's a woman).

WINGY

It is the cover to the Fairport Convention's Unhalfbricking LP of countercultural folk music fame!!! Note the foreground appearance of typical bourgeois life, whilst in the background something sinister is suggested. Very indicative of pseudorevolutionary Western sixties art!!! I suggest you give it a spin sometime when a spell of lucidity happens upon you.

lifeboat.gif

THE WRECK OF THE HESPRESS !!

Should we take this to mean you are abandong THREAD?? (Yeah right!!)

Very good, Lord Stapes !!

Nice portrait of what Allaboutgizz (you're flagship) is heading for with prudes like you at THE HELM!!

Take my advise...either IGNORE or ABANDON SITE

Thank you for listening.

WINGY

Edited by WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

As a matter of fact, my little Trans-Siberian ExpressMeister, I'm saving that punishment for the dastardly character who swooped in and snatched that Hampton Hawes Trio, Vol. 1 XRCD yesterday. Hell hath no fury like an outmaneuvered Sig!!! :g

Scheisse!!! :huh::angry:

We should meet for schnapps and vodka sometime, my bearded Viennese cigar-smoking friend!!! Then perhaps we could discuss at greater length our various methods for dealing with these Wingy rogues!!! I'm sure your notes are as extensive as mine.

And now back to my Raisa photo-album. How I wish my grandson would turn down that 50 Sense hiphop racket!!!

So Deep, as you haven't responded in any way to my post this morning on the Chameleon thread, I assume that you agree with my observations that it was a blatant attempt to mislead and mis inform board members here, who had not actually seen the mess that was made on AAJ.

Edited by P.D.

So Deep, as you haven't responded in any way to my post this morning on the Chameleon thread, I assume that you agree with my observations that it was a blatant attempt to mislead and mis inform board members here, who had not actually seen the mess that was made on AAJ.

P.D.!

Next you'll be outing Danny on his rather sad attempts to gain attention.

Shame on you!

Read this STUPID (and I don't usually refer to many as "STUPID"..but in your case I'll make an exception),

This is a post extracted from Allaboutgizz:

gdogus

Beyond Category

The distiction to be observed is that between offending someone unwittingly (who among us hasn't done that?) and repeatedly, agressively trying to offend people. bombastic's abusive name-calling and schoolyard taunting seemed conscious attempts to pick fights. Deep was even worse in this regard. He got pretty psychotic - even sociopathic - near the end, I think. Go back and look at some of those posts, in the "Back of the Bus" thread and the "Drawing the Line" thread. I mean, wow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey STUPID,

See the reference to the thread "BACK O' THE BUS"?? The entire thread was DEEP's original draft re THE CHAMELEON BAND with a few compimentary posts thrown in by others.

Apprently we are allowed to use the word *FUCK* on this board

so allow me to use it for the first time...

YOU, P.D., ARE ONE STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!!

WINGY

It was the ongoing, silly personal attack on Marc Edelman that did it--I'm sure the back of the bus had nothing to do with it. The Dena Rose/Edelman thing was mildly funny and harmless in the beginning, but it escalated and became rather ugly. So much so that I posted pleas to let it be, and I have been the victim of outrageous name-calling from Marc.

Please note that I considered Dan to be a friend, and when I saw him make a headlong dash for the AAJ exit of shame, I attempted to get him to see the light, as it were. Obviously, I failed, so now I stand accused (wrongly) of having instigated DEEP's ouster--well, I never heard of the Chameleon post until I saw it here, so imagine my surprise to see it blamed for the AAJ welcome mat withdrawal.

All this to say that P.D. is absolutely right.

It was the ongoing, silly personal attack on Marc Edelman that did it--I'm sure the back of the bus had nothing to do with it. The Dena Rose/Edelman thing was mildly funny and harmless in the beginning, but it escalated and became rather ugly. So much so that I posted pleas to let it be, and I have been the victim of outrageous name-calling from Marc.

Please note that I considered Dan to be a friend, and when I saw him make a headlong dash for the AAJ exit of shame, I attempted to get him to see the light, as it were. Obviously, I failed, so now I stand accused (wrongly) of having instigated DEEP's ouster--well, I never heard of the Chameleon post until I saw it here, so imagine my surprise to see it blamed for the AAJ welcome mat withdrawal.

All this to say that P.D. is absolutely right.

MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET TO THE NEAREST OPTICAL BARR:

I REPEAT:

EXTRACTED FROM *ALLABOUTGIZZ*

gdogus

Beyond Category

The distiction to be observed is that between offending someone unwittingly (who among us hasn't done that?) and repeatedly, agressively trying to offend people. bombastic's abusive name-calling and schoolyard taunting seemed conscious attempts to pick fights. Deep was even worse in this regard. He got pretty psychotic - even sociopathic - near the end, I think. Go back and look at some of those posts, in the "Back of the Bus" thread and the "Drawing the Line" thread. I mean, wow. -----------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

THE "BACK O' THE BUS" THREAD IS NO LONGER THERE. IT GOT VAPORIZED.WHY??

YOU TELL ME!!...DUH!!

LEMME GUESS...WHINERS / PULERS / LIBERALS GONE ASTRAY...

..AND THOSE WITH 2000 YEAR OLD RETROACTIVE PERSECUTION COMPLEXES!!

WINGY

O.K. Deep, or Wingy . or should I call you Sybil?

I didn’t want to get into this, but your description of the turn of events at AAJ which resulted in your banishment needs to be corrected.

The downfall began between Jazzypaul and Bombastic. The latter had an aggressive response to other posters that can only be equalled by your own, the difference being that your attacks are often humerous, while his never were.

Both these two took to having derogatory terms about the other as a subtitle to their board name.

The Mark Edelman thread was going on insult after insult all this time. Over 15 pages I believe.

At about this time, you in your ongoing search for attention, and seemingly constant desire to infuse any topic with sexual overtones, introduced a thread on Gay Jazz Musicians.. I forget the title but it was generally phrased in “ street” language.

In itself it could have been an interesting topic.. it was handled that way on the old BNBB. Comments that certain musicians played with a renewed vigor after exiting the closet and similar observations were pertinent.

Unfortunately Bombastic took serious offence to your implication that Grappelli was gay.. your response was abusive.

Bombastics was over the wall.. I wish I could reproduce it here, but unfortunately it has been deleted.. however it referred to you and your father joining in sexual activity with each other. He voiced this in very graphic slang terminology, but it’s meaning was obvious to anyone.

You rose, or should I say, stooped to the challenge

It was at this point that I wrote an email to the owner of the board asking if he was aware of the degeneration that was occurring.

Please Note.. I did not request that either you, or Bombastic be banned, only that Mike might take a look at the direction the board was taking.

The Gay thread got out of hand, as did the other threads that sprung up to discuss the problem.. generally propelled by your posts.

The Gay thread was closed.

You responded with the Blow Job thread.. no doubt seeking some other topic of questionable viability to see how far you could push the envelope on a board supposedly dedicated to discussions of music and other topics in a public forum.

You dragged many into it..they followed your lead, each trying to out do the other..

What is that expression about the Lowest Common Denominator?????

During this period Mike and I had exchanged a couple of emails, from which it was obvious that he had been unaware of the state of things.

The Blow Job thread got to a proportion where it too was capped.

Your response……. the Back of the Bus thread..

which you started off with the Chameleon liner notes that you reproduced here. It had potential of being of interest but you tried to persuade others to join in and get into descriptions of sexual activity during gigs etc. that could only appeal to jazz followers with a prurient interest in the musicians involved, and frankly of little value.

Citing a post by Gdogus where he refers to thread does not tell the whole story.. once again there was nothing in your Chameleon post that you reproduced here with comments that this was the reason you were banned, that warranted the punishment.

Your attempts to create the image that it was for that post, and that post alone , that Mike took his action is a total lie, and typical of the approach you seem to revel in…

Once again, I would not be engaging you on this topic, had it not seemed that certain board members here read your Chameleon post and responded as though they believed in the image of a prude AAJ that you were trying to project with your lies.

These Boards are about the All About Jazz system in one instance, the Organissimo Band in the other and music, especially Jazz in general. Your comments and the place you take boards to, does little to enhance the reputation of either.

No Deep I am not a prude, I like a blue or good filthy joke as well as the next person, I have used language that would make a drunken sailor on a 24 pass in Singapore blush… but if your criteria for a “good” bulletin board is to be able to say fuck and graphically discuss sexual activity, aberrant and otherwise freely, I suggest you avoid Jazz bulletin boards where the owners may be seen as responsible for your activities. This could negatively impact the health of their sites, and in this case B38’s band.

I happen to like having Jazz bulletin boards around..left to your own devices and control, they would soon disappear.

Stupid I might be, hell why not.. but Deep, to my knowledge you have been banned by at least two boards.. possibly more. If you haven’t yet realized that the fault might be your own, and not always attributable to the board users or administrators, you are also stupid.

To think you can always lay the blame at their door, when the only common factors in the events that result in your banishment are yourself and an obvious taste for vulgarity and confrontational posts, indicates that your intelligence level is far less than mine.

Edited by P.D.

A small comment: the online jazz community just isn't that big, guys. Rest assured, if something happens on Organissimo, Jazzcorner, or AllAboutJazz, the word is going to get around. Any attempt at pulling the wool over the eyes of one group concerning either of the others is an exercise in futility. It might work for a couple of hours, but if you believe it will hold up any longer than that, you're not insulting the intelligence of others, you're revealing the low level of your own.