THE JAZZMOBILE WET DREAM

Guest WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

I have no idea who this wingy dingy character is, but from all the yelling he's been doing around here, he seems to be suffering from a serious case of attention deficit disorder.

Just don't let him have any.

And Wingy, ...

... STOP YELLING ALREADY!

Jeez.

[edit]Oops. I just read on the other board that this wingy dingy thing is a drummer. I take back what I just wrote above and I'll try to rephrase it. Err, hm, err, ...

SIT!

STOP![/edit]

Edited by deus62

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WINGY (I STAY BOMBED)

Ya know something??..who gives a fuck what Christiern Albertons says or any other sissies.

Just listen to the music and let it be your guide.

WINGY

Lots of shit being worked off here.

I don't know what's going on, but I can say this:

1. People often have to work off their lingering anger after being banned. We all did it in glorious detail when the BNBB closed down. We hashed out the GregM banning for pages afterwards; and Kevin even chose to leave as a result. I don't necessarily blame Wingy for revisiting certain issues. Still, I wouldn't do it in the same manner; but HELL we're all different.

2. Interesting explanation by P.D. Sounds very logical and it would be hard to dispute given its rationality. Still...P.D. did complain to Mike, so he is/was involved in the problem.

3. Chris A. might be strongminded and quick to respond to posts from the Conservative sector, but the Chris that I know is also quite fair. I find it hard to believe that he would work behind the scenes to get you removed from AAJ, Wingy. Chris doesn't hide his feelings. He doesn't strike me as the surreptitious and sneaky type. Just doesn't match.

4. It's clear that there's a certain group (whether rightly or wrongly) are carrying some kind of animus against Wingy. May I suggest that you avoid posts that he initiates? I mean, if you don't like the guy, why read posts that he starts? Just a simple question.

5. Wingy: will you SETTLE DOWN?? Start one thread to work out your lingering resentments and keep it to that. Don't spread the shit all around the board.

6. I don't necessarily agree with many of Wingy's comments, but I do LIKE a guy who is willing to challenge others, and who has the intellectual courage to go against the mainstream. It's not important to me, but Bessie Smith is most likely a blues singer more than a jazz singer. He is correct on that; however, I don't know how that might be important.

7. Rooster: no need to hold your hands over your eyes. Just move to another thread.

Let's have some honest discourse here. We've got a lot of very knowledgeable people on this board such as Chris, and Chuck, and Mike Fitzgerald, Wingy, Jim Sangrey, and Lon. However, we other dunces should have the intellectual courage to disagree when we have to. We shouldn't have to sit in a corner like a bunch of toothy bobbleheads bobbing our heads up and down in agreement whenever one of the "jazz gods" on this board says something.

I don't agree with Wingy's style and manner a lot of the time, but I really dig the guy's courage to disagree when he must.

Edited by connoisseur series500

4. It's clear that there's a certain group (whether rightly or wrongly) are carrying some kind of animus against Wingy.  May I suggest that you avoid posts that he initiates?  I mean, if you don't like the guy, why read posts that he starts?  Just a simple question.

Just to make a point (no offense intended):

Does that mean you wouldn't mind if a guest at your place urinates into your living room? I mean, you don't have to go in there. It's your own personal choice.

This board is a group effort. I like this board because it doesn't have the usual dunces frequenting other boards.

I don't care how much the guy knows about jazz. He doesn't have any manners, and just because he tries to hide that fact behind a weird sense of humour doesn't help a bit.

It's your typical playground bully, and that's it.

But, yes, I'll try to avoid his threads. The problem is that he has to spread his shite all over the place. Which makes it difficult for other members to stay clear.

Kick him out.

Edited by deus62

Just curious: what's he done to you, Deus?

I mean he's started a thread specifically naming Bev and Chris, so they can have legitimate beefs, but what has he done on Organissimo to specifically attack you?

You can disagree with his posts or his language or whatever, but as long as it is not directed at you, I don't see why you should be so easily offended.

Now I admit that I haven't read every single thread on this board. Perhaps he did directly attack you?

Must be something bad cause you've got the lynch rope already in your hands.

Would everybody calm the fuck down please? Jesus, I had people sending me emails about banning Wingy before he even posted one word.

I've thought a lot about this whole banning thing since we banned GregM and you know what? This is a little internet chat room.

I have a new house, a new baby on the way, my band is starting to take off, I have shitloads of home repair to do... I mean, I care about this place and all of you BUT THERE IS MORE TO LIFE!!!!!! Just chill the fuck out, go think about how this impacts you and your REAL LIFE and then get back to me.

Everybody needs to read the rules again. Here ya go:

Thank you for visiting the Organissimo Forums. We hope to become your number one place to discuss jazz, music, and more!

As with any society, members of the Organissimo Forums must abide by a set of rules. Our rules are as follows:

i. The Organissimo Forums fully support free speech although the definition of that speech is defined by the owners and operators of this board.

ii. Anything deemed as a direct threat towards another member of this board will be deleted and the offender may face banning.

iii. We do not tolerate links to offensive material. The definition of offensive is determined by the board owners and moderators. This includes all posts and signatures and avatars.

iv. Flame wars will not be tolerated! We rarely ever delete threads, but we do have the power to close them so that no new posts cannot be added. If a thread degrades to the point that we deem it necessary, we will close it.

v. We do not tolerate multiple memberships or aliases: We allow one account per member. Anyone found to have multiple accounts will have one or more of those accounts deleted and face possible banning.

If you feel like any of these rules have been violated and appropriate action has not been taken, please contact the forum moderators. Thank you for your cooperation.

So far no one in this ruckus has done anything to warrant banishment. This thread is beginning to turn into a flame war, however, and I may shut it down. I would rather everybody take a chill pill and RELAX!

Ok?

2. Interesting explanation by P.D.  Sounds very logical and it would be hard to dispute given its rationality.  Still...P.D. did complain to Mike, so he is/was involved in the problem. 

A couple of comments before I retire from this discussion

1 There is a "report this thread" button tacked on to every post. Would you Conn, not get involved in trying to correct behaviour that was seriously detrimental to the board??

2 The events on the AAJ board were not an isolated incident but numerous threads that had sunk to an abysmal level , little to do with music, a lot to do with less than decent behaviour.

3 I did not contact Mike until Bombastics post and the reaction it created.. hence it actually was a violent , vulgar attack on Deep that set me off.

I doubt I was the only one to write to him and other than my public posts here I have not made any other comments behind the scenes to operators of this board

4 I did not ask for , nor advocate that anyone be banned, nor is that my intention here

5 I would not have started posting on this topic had Deep not tried to imply that he was banned for one simple, interesting and relatively innocuous post and that there seemed to be those here who believed that, that was indeed the case

6 Yes Moose the Jazz BB's are a relatively small community. I consider myself as much a part of it as you. I know you frequent other boards, but there were obviously people here that bought the false image that Deep was trying to present of himself as a persecuted person. I guess my post was part of getting the story out. I apologise if I offended your intelligence, and appear to be invading your domain.

Once again there is nothing in my posts that is calling for the exclusion of any member from any board.

I now will cease to discuss this further.

Edited by P.D.

Duly noted, PD. Thank you for setting the record straight. I don't have time to read AAJ so I didn't know the circumstances surrounding the banishments.

That said, everyone has a clean slate when they come here. If everybody just calms down and acts like reasonable adults, we can make this work, all right? I'm not implying anyone has been acting like a kid, but let's just let bygones be bygones and chill. Cool?

1  There is a "report this thread" button tacked on to every post. Would you Conn, not get involved in trying to correct behaviour that was seriously detrimental to the board??

No, I wouldn't, P.D.

I have never reported anyone before and I don't plan to start. This is not a police State.

If you can't get along with someone in the world, even though they don't have any contact with you, do you then "report" them?

You are being quite rational, but you cannot claim noninvolvement when you reported someone.

That's involvement, friend.

Peace.

Would everybody calm the fuck down please? Jesus, I had people sending me emails about banning Wingy before he even posted one word.

I've thought a lot about this whole banning thing since we banned GregM and you know what? This is a little internet chat room.

I have a new house, a new baby on the way, my band is starting to take off, I have shitloads of home repair to do... I mean, I care about this place and all of you BUT THERE IS MORE TO LIFE!!!!!! Just chill the fuck out, go think about how this impacts you and your REAL LIFE and then get back to me.

Everybody needs to read the rules again. Here ya go:

Thank you for visiting the Organissimo Forums. We hope to become your number one place to discuss jazz, music, and more!

As with any society, members of the Organissimo Forums must abide by a set of rules. Our rules are as follows:

i. The Organissimo Forums fully support free speech although the definition of that speech is defined by the owners and operators of this board.

ii. Anything deemed as a direct threat towards another member of this board will be deleted and the offender may face banning.

iii. We do not tolerate links to offensive material. The definition of offensive is determined by the board owners and moderators. This includes all posts and signatures and avatars.

iv. Flame wars will not be tolerated! We rarely ever delete threads, but we do have the power to close them so that no new posts cannot be added. If a thread degrades to the point that we deem it necessary, we will close it.

v. We do not tolerate multiple memberships or aliases: We allow one account per member. Anyone found to have multiple accounts will have one or more of those accounts deleted and face possible banning.

If you feel like any of these rules have been violated and appropriate action has not been taken, please contact the forum moderators. Thank you for your cooperation.

So far no one in this ruckus has done anything to warrant banishment. This thread is beginning to turn into a flame war, however, and I may shut it down. I would rather everybody take a chill pill and RELAX!

Ok?

Quite frankly I find it amazing that so many people seem to be taking the time to send you little notes about this and other personel matters?? God, talk about a buzzing hive full of busybodies. You drop by on a regular basis to have a look at things & presumably know what the current state of play is --- so what do they all need to report in for? Extra credit? Ridiculous.

btw, did you get my PM about banning Tod Irzyk, Catesta, Ron & Johnny? ;):P

btw, did you get my PM about banning Tod Irzyk, Catesta, Ron & Johnny?  ;)  :P

Bastard!!!!

Message to Tod: No more comments about Norah Jones, it appears it has finally set Weizen off. ;)

For the record Mike at AAJ sent me an email before DEEP was banned. It had several reasons listed, one was indeed the VOLUME of COMPLAINTS from numerous members he was receiving about DEEP's posts. DEEP/Wingy, it did not single out Chris Albertson, Bev, PD, or anyone in particular, so to blame these individuals is wrong.

It was something he felt he needed to do and what he thought was best for his board.

I agree with PD, the record needed to be set straight.

I also agree with B3-er about starting with a clean slate. So let's take that advice and leave that shit behind.

Edited by catesta