Hot Ptah

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those so inclined, some of the (fake) Horos are now available for download on eMusic. I saw Lee Konitz/Martial Solal, Archie Shepp, one of the Sun Ras.

To clarify, there still is only ONE "Sun Ra" (fake) Horo that's been issued on CD, correct??

I have it (the fake "New Steps" quartet CD), but I really wished they'd also issued (even if fake) the "Other Voices, Other Blues" quartet release. I have "Other Voices..." on LP (maybe the rarest LP I own!), but would love to have it on CD.

For those so inclined, some of the (fake) Horos are now available for download on eMusic. I saw Lee Konitz/Martial Solal, Archie Shepp, one of the Sun Ras.

To clarify, there still is only ONE "Sun Ra" (fake) Horo that's been issued on CD, correct??

I have it (the fake "New Steps" quartet CD), but I really wished they'd also issued (even if fake) the "Other Voices, Other Blues" quartet release. I have "Other Voices..." on LP (maybe the rarest LP I own!), but would love to have it on CD.

That is correct; only "New Steps." The complete list of (fake) Horos available on US eMusic can be found here.

That website hurts the eyes... what does that all mean (including John L's post)? That the Horo reissues aren't boots ("fake")?

I was wondering the same thing. They do have halfway decent liner-notes, so I accept that they might not be boots, but everything I've read here seems to indicate that they're of dubious origin.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

That website hurts the eyes... what does that all mean (including John L's post)? That the Horo reissues aren't boots ("fake")?

I meant my comment to be sort of a pun. They are the real ones in that they are the only ones that actually exist on CD. Sadly, that is probably because they destroyed the already weak market for the planned legit releases. But that is the reality of the market these days.

Not sure what you're not getting. I find this whole Horo re-issue thing has turned into a spectacle. Don't you think that's it's very curious that there is a website, from all appearances, run by Aldo Sinesio that has Horo LP's for sale?? Also, I'm wondering if the Facebook page which I linked is genuine or fake. I mean, if both of those links are legit that would be good news, no? And if they are fake, why is someone spending all of this time/energy/money in keeping this ruse running??

Good spot!

I wonder if this is the start of a new series of releases...or not?

Look at the "source"......if they would reissue a series, this would become more "traceable" abd therefore the question of legitimity could pop up faster....with a "limited series of 300" the issuer in question is on the "safer" side anyway...just my 5 cent worth...

• 1 year later...