Miles +19 alternate cover?

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

waiiiit didnt he mentoin that in his autobiography. i thjink i remember that..........so he had previous covers w/ white women on tghem?

do you guys find it intersteding that miles actually was able to "stop the presses" w/ the powers that be at columbia? id love to know how it really happened!

on ebay theres this white label 6 eye Miles ahead promo w/ this diff. cover ive never seen before: some chick on a sailboat. why was this cover changed to the familar yellow pic of miles?

That's the REAL cover. The other one with a photo of a guy with a trumpet is a jive-ass second-rate replacement.

Edited by Teasing the Korean

on ebay theres this white label 6 eye Miles ahead promo w/ this diff. cover ive never seen before: some chick on a sailboat. why was this cover changed to the familar yellow pic of miles?

That's the REAL cover. The other one with a photo of a guy with a trumpet is a jive-ass second-rate replacement.

I actually agree with that.

Wikipedia:

Album cover

Miles was reportedly unhappy about the album's original cover, which featured a photo of a young white woman aboard a sailboat. He made his displeasure known to Columbia executive George Avakian, asking, "Why'd you put that white bitch on there?"[3] Avakian later stated that the question was made in jest. For later releases of the record, the original cover-photo has been substituted by a photo of Miles Davis.