Happy Thanksgiving!

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving:

pie.jpg

The left-most pie is what I call a Starter Pie, the pie that I use to adjust my palate before digging into the Primary Pie on the right. Not pictured: the Concluding Pie.

Dude, that's not a very well-rounded meal. You gotta at least try to fit one of these in there, somewhere:

IMG_3434_sharp.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and thanks especially to our Three Musketeers for makin' such great music (even if not in Philly--yet) and for keepin' this Board goin'. :tup

We had a great day- we got up and went to the gym first thing- that's the first time I EVER went to any gym on a holiday! Then we had a great meal minus some of the usual sides- green beans instead of g.b. casserole, no rolls, etc. Then we took a walk after dinner. It felt good to "intercept" some of the caloric intake by doing some advance exercising. I've lost over ten pounds so far and I'm determined not to let the holidays ruin that. I also don't intend to eat nothing but rice cakes though!

We did have this amazing dessert that Mrs. FFA made- kind of a baked chocolate pudding/cake with some chili powder and dark rum in it. It was AWESOME! I'm going to post the recipe when I get a chance.

This weekend the Christmas tree and outdoor lights go up.

Hope y'all had a good'un! :g

Had a great Thanksgiving and of course ate lots. One of the highlights was one of my friends dogs stealing the remainder of the ham and devouring it all 2 to 3 pounds worth plus the hambone!!! Afterwards the dog was lying on the sofa,with his eyes rolled in the back of his head,very uncomfortable. We laughed about it on the way home.

We got back last night from visiting my sister and her husband in Raleigh, where on Friday we visited the Jane Goodall exhibition at the NC Museum of Natural History. I've always thought Jane was a babe, but this was the first time I paid as much attention to the Chimps as I did to Jane's legs. It was an excellent exhibit.

• 4 years later...
  • 7 years later...

I am thankful for my children and wife being healthy, and my mother and in-plaws being alive. It’ll be a chamber Thanksgiving for us today, but next year we will have a full symphony of our extended family over. 

After so many years I publicly came out as a “never been a turkey lover”, so I picked up two delicious roasted whole chickens at Cabral’s. Cheers to all!

Wow! Epic-level necroposting! Last post was seven years ago!

Guess we don’t have many Thanksgiving afficianados here. 

Either way, hope everyone that celebrates it enjoys their day. 

My day started with me checking in on the snakes I’m babysitting for friends across town. We’ll have a full traditional meal around pm, and then do some pre-decorating for our Decoration Day tomorrow. 

Have fun, folks!