some mosaics on sale

mesfen

I wouldn't take a chance on ordering from deepdiscount something that's listed on backorder because you'd be wasting a coupon that way.....I ordered 2 items on back-order that were in print and waited 31 days and still didn't get anything so don't waste your coupons or time on back-ordered items.

This is good to know.

Maybe it's a "music thing." I have ordered many, many backordered DVDs from them (usually around sales like this, when things tend to go out of stock) and only once did I not get the DVD. On the other hand, I have never tried ordering music CDs.

Many of the Mosaic Singles are available as well...get a couple and the coupon works. I haven't checked after ordering, but the Woody Herman Select set was in stock and shipped just the other day.

I wouldn't take a chance on ordering from deepdiscount something that's listed on backorder because you'd be wasting a coupon that way.....I ordered 2 items on back-order that were in print and waited 31 days and still didn't get anything so don't waste your coupons or time on back-ordered items.

Everything I ordered was in stock, and has shipped, including the J.J. Johnson single that is on back order from Mosaic currently, and 5 or 6 other singles. Perhaps I've been lucky, but I've never had a back ordered item from DDD that didn't ship within a month. The current sale isn't quite as good as past ones as far as DVD prices go, but it's nice that cds are finally included.

I went ahead and ordered two items....separately, so I could use two coupon codes

The Onzy Matthews Select was showing as being in stock. The John Handy Select was showing as out of stock.

We'll see what happens. Since the John Handy is new and still readily available, it won't be any great pain to get it someplace else if needed. (And the out of stock delay could give me a chance to save up my pennies for it!)

Edited by CSB046

Got my Onzy Matthews set today.

Outer box seemed okay, but man...the first two CD cases looked like they had been run over by a truck. Not just cracked, but actually splintered in places. Luckily, the paperwork only had minor damage, and the CDs were fine. I wasn't thrilled with the condition, but CD cases can be replaced.

Looking forward to hearing the music.

I just started buying Mosaic Selects fairly recently, so I'm curious: When did the spine design on the outer boxes change? My previous Mosaic Selects ranged from the Carmel Jones (2) to the Charles Tolliver (20). They all had brightly colored spines with the cover photo duplicated in a small box at the bottom. Now the Matthews (29) has the cover photo duplicated along the entire spine. Looks very odd next to my handful of earlier sets!

The Onzy Matthews is a nice listen. I've listened to that one quite a bit recently.

The earliest Select that I have with the 'pictorial' spine and top is Andrew Hill Solo, Mosaic Select No. 23. Not sure if any of the earler ones had this change also. Until you mentioned it, I hadn't noticed it.

Now spinning Dizzy Reece Select, CD 3 (the 'Comin' On' session with Turrentine). Very nice sound on the whole of the Carmel Jones set (it arrived this weekend). To be followed with Woody Herman Select, CD1.

The Charles Tolliver (number 20) has a small photo too. So the switch must have happened with the Mulligan or the Bechet.

Bob, did the Carmell Jones only arrive this weekend? If so, it really took its time to reach you. I sent it to you a very long time ago. :crazy:

Edited by ASNL77

Bob, did the Carmell Jones only arrive this weekend? If so, it really took its time to reach you. I sent it to you a very long time ago. :crazy:

Hi Yves - No, I've had it for a couple of months now, Royal Mail didn't mess up. Many thanks by the way, great set. :tup

Ah - I should have said 'Dizzy Reece' arrived this weekend. :rolleyes:

Edited by sidewinder

• 2 weeks later...