Linn Stops Making CD Players

This "news" has been falsely reported everywhere. Linn continues to make players that play CDs, but these will be universal players that also play DVDs, Blu-ray, SACD.

No "ditching of small disc players". It's just the CD-only players are being abandonned.

I think more manufacturers in the middle and upper price range will make this move, and DVD-only players will also disappear, to be replaced by Blu-ray players.

Neither evolution means the end of CD or DVD playback.

Edited by Claude

This "news" has been falsely reported everywhere. Linn continues to make players that play CDs, but these will be universal players that also play DVDs, Blu-ray, SACD.

No "ditching of small disc players". It's just the CD-only players are being abandonned.

I think more manufacturers in the middle and upper price range will make this move, and DVD-only players will also disappear, to be replaced by Blu-ray players.

Well, the "horses mouth" himself says in the film that the future emphasis will be more on the streaming devices. I wonder if the likes of Naim follow suite? (in fact I guess Naim are already heading up this route with the 'Uniti')

Edited by sidewinder

Agree, actually Linn was one of the first "hi-end" companies that manufactured a definitely expensive universal player back in 2002 (or 2003?)