Tiger Woods in Car Accident

Not much in terms of specifics at this point, but the NYT is reporting that Tiger Woods was involved in a single vehicle car accident early this morning. He was leaving his Florida home when he ran over a fire hydrant and a tree while driving his 2009 Cadillac Escalade. No word on whether alcohol was involved as the accident is still under investigation. Hope everything is OK.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One detail that is classic (since it seems he is basically ok, we can laugh about it) is that his wife used one of his clubs to smash in a window and get him out, so the car must have been pretty damaged. It does sound awfully weird -- probably worth 15 minutes in the Tiger Woods Story when it gets released in 2015.

According to what I heard on CBS network radio news this morning, there is much more here than meets the eye. In particular, so it was reported by Arman Ketayen (sp?), what happened sprang from an argument between Woods and his wife about him boinking another woman, that his facial injuries were inflicted on him by his wife before he got into the car, that she was pursuing him down the driveway with that golf club (thus the accident), that her smashing in the back window of the car with the club after the accident might well have been an attempted continuation of her angry assault on Woods rather than an attempt to "free" him, and that Tiger went in and out of consciousness after the accident because, in part, he already had some sort of pain medication in him.

According to what I heard on CBS network radio news this morning, there is much more here than meets the eye. In particular, so it was reported by Arman Ketayen (sp?), what happened sprang from an argument between Woods and his wife about him boinking another woman, that his facial injuries were inflicted on him by his wife before he got into the car, that she was pursuing him down the driveway with that golf club (thus the accident), that her smashing in the back window of the car with the club after the accident might well have been an attempted continuation of her angry assault on Woods rather than an attempt to "free" him, and that Tiger went in and out of consciousness after the accident because, in part, he already had some sort of pain medication in him.

Exactly what my mother in law assumed when news broke yesterday!

So it turns out Tiger's human after all.

Pretty nasty stuff if true, though. Chasing someone with a golf club is basically assault, isn't it? And driving while under the influence of pain killers is ... driving under the influence.

I'm sure the authorities will treat them just as they do regular folks who find themselves in these kinds of unfortunate situations. :rolleyes:

There's a power PR firm in high gear somewhere on this Saturday morning.

Edited by papsrus

Exactly what my mother in law assumed when news broke yesterday!

My wife made that call yesterday, as well!

Know your rights:

Woods is not required by law to speak to the Florida Highway

Patrol because it is being investigated as a traffic accident,

spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes said.

Montes said Woods is not required to give a

statement, only his driver’s license, insurance and registration.