Getz-Barron People Time

Jerry

thank you... my bad :w :w

I just now tediously and no doubt clumsily assembled this into a single thread from three (!!!) separate ones. Is it too much to ask that before starting a new thread on a topic that you look around a bit first to see if there isn't already a thread on that topic? I am not a f---ing janitor! <_<

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than I'd want from this date, but I'm sure it'll please the completists.

0600753210161xr.gif

Tracklisting :

1. Stan getz annoucement

2. Autumn leaves

3. East of the sun (and west of the moon)

4. The end of a love affair

5. Tuning

6. East of the sun

7. Stan getz annoucement

8. Softly as in a morning sunrise

9. Night and day

10. You don't know what love is

11. Whisper not

12. Con alma

13. Yours and mine

14. I'm okay

15. Gone with the wind

16. There is no greater love

17. People time

18. You stepped out of a dream

19. You stepped out of a dream

20. First song

21. I wish you love

22. Hush-a-bye

23. Like someone in love

24. Soul eyes

25. I remember clifford

26. Stablemates

27. People time

28. First song

29. Allison's waltz

30. The surrey with a fringe on top

31. I remember clifford

32. I wish you love

33. I wish you love (que reste t-il de nos amours?)

34. Stablemates

35. I'm okay

36. Con alma

37. People time

38. I'm okay

39. Bouncing with Bud

40. Like someone in love

41. Soul eyes

42. Stablemates

43. First song

44. Soul eyes

45. Night and day

46. Gone with the wind

47. The surrey with a fringe on top

48. The surrey with a fringe on top

49. The surrey with a fringe on top

50. Yours and mine

51. Night and day

This is obviously not the order of the songs. Each set is quite well balanced.

I caught this on a website.. Never knew there were 7 CD's worth of material.... !

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/jazz/detail/-/art/...91/hnum/9610597

I caved even though I had one of the single CDs... due to the great price :excited: :excited:

The only bummer is that it appears to be back ordered.... :angry:

JPC is a fine vendor.

I think they don't stock it all, but this is most certainly there within the time frame they give (while with Amazon "1-2 weeks" often means never ever, that's not the case with JPC, from my experience).

Also you could cancel it by logging back in, and order from Amazon.fr (see brownie's link) - the price is about the same.

thanks..

I checked this AM and it's not saying backordered anymore... :tup :tup

Now hopefully I'll get it within a week or two...

I caught this on a website.. Never knew there were 7 CD's worth of material.... !

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/jazz/detail/-/art/...91/hnum/9610597

I caved even though I had one of the single CDs... due to the great price :excited: :excited:

The only bummer is that it appears to be back ordered.... :angry:

JPC is a fine vendor.

I think they don't stock it all, but this is most certainly there within the time frame they give (while with Amazon "1-2 weeks" often means never ever, that's not the case with JPC, from my experience).

Also you could cancel it by logging back in, and order from Amazon.fr (see brownie's link) - the price is about the same.

Amazon.de has it for 27,99. Cool!

23.50€ for me, free shipping! Thanks a lot, just ordered one! :excited:

23.50? How did that happen? Are you sure you didn't order the old 2CD edition? :crazy:

Nah, that's because they take off the German VAT (and I think add the Swiss one, which is about 10% lower).

This is nice now and then, as this will be cheap enough to slip through the customs without additional tax, but believe me, this is the exception!

Ah, OK. Just how do you get free shipping to Switzerland?

amazon.de (and since a few months also amazon.fr) offer free shipping for orders totalling 20€ or more (after VAT calculations). So I always attempt to create orders of a value between roughly 20 and 35€, as they'll be shipped without charges AND cheap enough to come through without custom taxes and fees. That's rather difficult with box sets and overseas orders though, as the shipping usually is so steep that it makes no sense to order just one or two discs... Anyway, I guess Amazon is offering that since they have no Swiss site.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish that I would have read this thread before I picked up my copy in Amsterdam on Sunday ... for 44 EUROs. :ph34r:

Even though the two-disc set probably contains the true cream of the gig (the selection was made by Getz himself), I prefer listening to the entire concerts as they are presented on this box set. The context adds much to the enjoyment of the music for me. That context includes a much fuller picture of Getz fighting valiantly against physical weakness to get this beautiful music out in the air.

Having just gotten through the set over the last few days... I have to say it's fabulous!!! I enjoy different versions of the same tune (especially live)...

The chemistry between the two of the them was outstanding... !

Highly recommended! :tup :tup :tup

Agree completely. Wonderful music -- AND it came quickly, without Canadian customs charges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Recommendation strongly seconded, but I myself find Getz' playing some of the most moving he ever did. The vulnerability is palpable.

This is what my ears record. I got the original two-disc set, and don't know that I'd go for the new release even if I could currently afford it.

• 1 month later...