Good Christmas Music

Norm

Don't forget to spin your copy (everyone should own one by law) of Kenny Burrell's Have Yourself a Soulful Little Christmas these days. I've been playing it about once a day since Thanksgiving and never get sick of it. But, quite honestly, I can listen to this one in May and love it just the same.

Don't forget to spin your copy (everyone should own one by law) of Kenny Burrell's Have Yourself a Soulful Little Christmas these days. I've been playing it about once a day since Thanksgiving and never get sick of it. But, quite honestly, I can listen to this one in May and love it just the same.

Agreed it is a nice one. I have an old commercial cassette of it that gets good play during the season.

OK it's that time of year again! In a few weeks we'll all be totally sick of Christmas music - but right now, how about some favorites?

Here are some of mine:

Ramsey Lewis - Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Charles Brown - Please Come Home for Chirstmas

Vince Guaraldi - Charlie Brown Christmas (the whole album)

Ronettes - Sleighride

Big Maybelle - White Christmas (THE best version ever)

Drifters - White Christmas

Joan Baez - I Wonder as I Wander

Ray Charles/Betty Carter - Baby it's Cold Outside

Sinatra - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

70079700562-l.jpg

Willie Pickens--Jazz Christmas

For me, many Christmas albums have one or more cuts that make you cringe when they come on. So if the album is listenable all the way through, that is better than most Christmas albums. For consistently nice background listening, with some interest if you are really listening:

51z-A0oPE8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Edited by Hot Ptah