Welcome to the new forum!

Jim Alfredson

Can the accompanying music be switched off?

I had it but now it seems to be gone. Perhaps it's in the settings. Not sure. BTW, did you get my pm?

Yes, I did get it and typed a reply, but when I hit the send button the board was down.

Thanks for the heads up, but I'd already seen the set. I'm watching it.

By the way, the music's still there...

Edited by J.A.W.

I had it but now it seems to be gone. Perhaps it's in the settings. Not sure. BTW, did you get my pm?

Yes, I did get it and typed a reply, but when I hit the send button the board was down.

Sorry about the other day by the wayblush.gif

No problem :)

Jim,

The new forum is an enormous mess on my IE8, but it's great on Firefox...

Edited by J.A.W.

No problem smile.gif

Jim,

The new forum is an enormous mess on my IE8, but it's great on Firefox...

Looks absolutely fine on my IE8?

I just changed the embedding options so that mp3s do not autoplay, however it does not affect those already embedded. :)

I guess this means that I have to turn off the sound on my computer every time I "view new content" :(

I don't think there's an MP3 that plays when you click on the "View New Content" button, Hans (?). There is one in this thread, however. Unless I'm missing something?

One thing I DO like that seems to have changed, is that there is no longer a 30 second delay between Viewing New Content clicks.

That was annoying - usually I did that when there was a glitch or hangup, and the new threads didn't display right away, so I'd click it again, and then get a message saying I'd have to wait 30 seconds.

Also - is there a place on the forum when you first come on that shows if you've got new PM's? Or do you have to go to your profile to check?

Edited by Aggie87

Looks nice and is very speedy. Congrats. It's a nice holiday present for us board members!

Will we be able to upload pictures and graphics, or will we still need to rely on web links?

You should have been able to add attachments to posts on the old forum. Same thing goes for this one. Look for the "Attachments" section underneath the main post textbox. Browse for the file you want to attach and then make sure you click on "Attach This File". Right next to that button is a message telling you what your attachment limit is.

Nothing works properly, i see the first post of Jim and then i just have white page, using IE, sorry for asking dumb questions that may already been asked since i barely can comprehend the board, also where is the function view newest posts ?

It may be good to PM me, ain't sure if i will be able to read properly the thread.

sorry to say i'm having lots of problems. i see one post and the rest of the VERY long page is empty.

how does one see all of the most recent posts? "New Content" is only calendars.

I had the same problem earlier today using IE7. Not having that problem in IE8 or in Firefox 3.5.

Earlier I had lines that would go from left to right for only a few characters before a line break. That doesn't seem to be an issue with IE8.