Welcome to the new forum!

Jim Alfredson

Just noticed that the "new content" list doesn't have a full 24 hours in it.

This is funny - Brownie's post from earlier today didn't show up in the "new content" list, eevn though it's less than 24 hours old. The "new content" list cuts off about two hours after that post :crazy:

This afternoon and evening, I've been listening to

Houston Person - Basics - Muse

e991993jij9.jpg

Houston Person - Very personal - Muse promo

VeryPersonal.jpg

Clifford Coulter - East Side San Jose - Impulse (red/black label)

846819.jpg

Clifford Coulter - Do it now, worry 'bout it later - Impulse (red/black label)

269324964_ecd4a1637f.jpg

MG

Is this a temporary glitch?

MG

Just looked at the members list. What is reputation? And how do I acquire one? :rolleyes:

Look to the lower right of the screen and you will see a green plus sign and a red subtract sign. You can vote a post UP (you liked it) or DOWN (you didn't like it), as on Digg, Reddit, Slashdot, etc. Sometimes called Karma.

That appears to be a feature that hasn't been activated yet, I'm guessing. I clicked it and it said I'd reached my quota (of zero I guess) for the day.

I do really enjoy the new look. That said, someone asked in an earlier post about the location feature which is now missing. I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but one of the cool things about this place is seeing the many different folks who post here from all around the globe. Any chance this will be revived at some future date?

I second (actually, first!) this recommendation!

Anyone know what the purpose of the Multiquote button is ? I tried clicking it and it and a pop up box indicated that I'd exceeded my daily quota ..... errrr.... really no idea what that meant.

The red and green buttons aren't part of the multiquote feature - they are for "reputation" I believe, as mentioned above.

To do a multiquote, you click the multiquote button next to the two or more posts you want to quote. Then when you've selected those, go to the bottom of the page and click the Add Reply button, and all of the quoted posts will appear in your window.

Just looked at the members list. What is reputation? And how do I acquire one? :rolleyes:

Look to the lower right of the screen and you will see a green plus sign and a red subtract sign. You can vote a post UP (you liked it) or DOWN (you didn't like it), as on Digg, Reddit, Slashdot, etc. Sometimes called Karma.

That appears to be a feature that hasn't been activated yet, I'm guessing. I clicked it and it said I'd reached my quota (of zero I guess) for the day.

If Jim is reading this, I move to suppress this voting function. I don't really see its use here.

Not sure if I missed it, but is there still a "view new posts" link anywhere?

It's been replaced by the "View New Content" link at the top right. Not the orange button thingy next to it, just the words.

Wasn't this like the fifth or sixth time this was asked ... in THIS thread?

Sorry fellas. Usually on the ball regarding web usability .. just came back from a department lunch where I had 4 really good Belgian beers to make up for a shitty year of no pay raises, etc. and was maybe too disoriented :lol:

Not sure if I missed it, but is there still a "view new posts" link anywhere?

It's been replaced by the "View New Content" link at the top right. Not the orange button thingy next to it, just the words.

Wasn't this like the fifth or sixth time this was asked ... in THIS thread?

Sorry fellas. Usually on the ball regarding web usability .. just came back from a department lunch where I had 4 really good Belgian beers to make up for a shitty year of no pay raises, etc. and was maybe too disoriented :lol:

:tup

Funny thing on the save jazz thread, which I only saw this evening. I'd got to page 11 when the board forgot which page I was on :D But it still took me to page 12 when I hit the next page arrow that doesn't look quite like an arrow. Then, when I reached page 13, it decided that, actually, there were only seven pages in the thread :g But it still took me to 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18, when I hit the next arrow :P

MG

Ah, I get it - you only get new content that's timestamped later than your last visit.

So, when my computer stops and shuts itself down (which it did at about 7.30 this evening) the board thinks I'm not interested in the stuff I hadn't got around to reading before it shut down.

Bummer.

MG

Ah, I get it - you only get new content that's timestamped later than your last visit.

So, when my computer stops and shuts itself down (which it did at about 7.30 this evening) the board thinks I'm not interested in the stuff I hadn't got around to reading before it shut down.

Bummer.

MG

There's also the "Today's Active Content" link near the bottom of the main forum page (in one of the dark blue bars), that appears to give you the threads that have been posted to in the past 24 hrs or so - different than "View New Content", which as you say only offers up what is timestamped since your last visit.

Edited by Aggie87

Bummer.

MG

There's also the "Today's Active Content" link near the bottom of the main forum page (in one of the dark blue bars), that appears to give you the threads that have been posted to in the past 24 hrs or so - different than "View New Content", which as you say only offers up what is timestamped since your last visit.

The first thing I did when I found that the new board was up was to copy that link ("Today's Active Content") and paste it in as my bookmark for the site. I'm not sure if Jim adjusted anything since then, but at the time I didn't see a way to bring up topics that were older than 24 hours. I see that there is one now (at the bottom of the "Active Content" page. Look for "Active in the last..." and a dropdown menu for more options.

Forgot to mention that the "Active in the last..." menu doesn't appear at the bottom of the "New Content" page, only the "Active Content" page.

Also, if you go to your board settings options, you can choose a "View New Content" method. Either "Show me all new content since my last visit", or "Show me all content that I have not read".

Yeah, I guess so... everyone should adjust the settings to 40 posts per page to make the board an easier read!

A good idea this .

With that setting this thread runs to four pages instead of ten .

Edit for typo .

Edited by Chas

Flawless on iPhone. No flash, of course, but everything looks great and loads super fast even on edge network.

True. My only complaint re-iPhone is I can't fine the "view new Content" on it. Maybe one of the computer guys on the Forum can make an Organissimo app. (I can't even set the alarm clock in hotels.)