Welcome to the new forum!

Jim Alfredson

Was having lots of trouble using IE7. Decided to give Firefox a try. So far, so good. No problems with the site at all. Still test driving Firefox, though. I'll have to give it a few days to see whether I'm better off sticking with this or going to IE8. Had some trouble with my outlook express, so I'll have to see if I can resolve that.

The site looks very nice.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

About the PMs: In IE7, there's no "subject" line, just a "to" and "additional recipients" line, and then the text box. So no PMs can be sent, it just produces an error because a subject has to be included...

Again, I'm not using IE7 at my own will, rather at work it's just what I have, and I have no choice there, alas!

Using IE8, like Ubu with no choice, and I'm only getting to the site about one in three attempts without getting MS 'can't connect' message. When on the site I'm also getting random 'connect find' when following some links, e.g. couldn't go to lat post of this thread without going through each individual page.

I'm an IT numbskull, any hints?

cheers

I'm still having trouble getting to the site 100% of the time without editing my hosts file. I think it is taking longer than normal for the domain servers to re-route everything. It should clear itself up soon.

I don't think there is really anything I can do about the IE7 display issues. I've search the Invision support forums for clues but to no avail.

Only things missing is the "Today's active topics" button.

That's now "view new content" at the top right-hand corner.

Isn't that the counterpart to "View new posts since your last visit"? "Today's active topics" rather displays any topic active within the last 24 hours, you may have viewed it or not.

yes, it seems one can only click to "today's active topics" from the main forums page and not at the bottom of a thread as it used to be. :(

Only things missing is the "Today's active topics" button.

That's now "view new content" at the top right-hand corner.

Isn't that the counterpart to "View new posts since your last visit"? "Today's active topics" rather displays any topic active within the last 24 hours, you may have viewed it or not.

yes, it seems one can only click to "today's active topics" from the main forums page and not at the bottom of a thread as it used to be. :(

Edited by Jim R

Minor thing, but can you turn on the member's location by their name/avatar? I associate people with locations, and it helps me remember who's who, particularly with names that are used by more than one person.

Done.

stupid questions - do we really want to have interests show up in every post? and: does the search function allow for searching for strings or ands?

Minor thing, but can you turn on the member's location by their name/avatar? I associate people with locations, and it helps me remember who's who, particularly with names that are used by more than one person.

Done.

stupid questions - do we really want to have interests show up in every post? and: does the search function allow for searching for strings or ands?

Good call. Took care of that.

Please don't take this as a criticism but I've been having a few problems with the new board, delays in opening threads, delays in posting comments and two separate failed connections to the site.I thought the problems might be at my end but Avast and SpyBot have given me a clean bill of health. I'm sure these are minor teething problems but I thought you'd like to know.

Edited by kinuta

Have you edited your hosts file at all? I have found that without defining the new IP of the site in my hosts file, I still get connection errors here and there. They seem to be less and less. I think it is just a matter of the new IP address being linked to organissimo.org on servers across the world. Why it is taking so long is beyond me. As fas as I know, everything is set up correctly. The only solution is patience. If this is still continuing next week, I will try to find some answers.

Hi Jim,

as someone who was having problems connecting to the site with IE8, I can now report that as of today everything seems to be flowing seamlessly as you predicted it would (patience is a virtue but not one I've obviously attained yetrolleyes.gif) .

Thanks for all the hard work

cheers