Welcome to the new forum!

Jim Alfredson

Sometimes an old thread is "reactivated" by a new post and people tend to respond as if it's a new thread, which can lead to confusion. I don't know if the board software allows it, but I think it would be a good idea to indicate the age of a thread by showing the date of the initial post on the board index.

Oh yeah, unless we're now a dating site, no need to see our gender every time we post.

Its just a reminder that this place is one big sausage party. ;) But seriously, that's a good suggestion and I took care of it.

Sometimes an old thread is "reactivated" by a new post and people tend to respond as if it's a new thread, which can lead to confusion. I don't know if the board software allows it, but I think it would be a good idea to indicate the age of a thread by showing the date of the initial post on the board index.

I think that would mess with people's heads even more than an old thread because it would appear that a thread that was, say, five years old was suddenly at the top of the heap.

Oh yeah, unless we're now a dating site, no need to see our gender every time we post.

Its just a reminder that this place is one big sausage party. ;) But seriously, that's a good suggestion and I took care of it.

I think that would mess with people's heads even more than an old thread because it would appear that a thread that was, say, five years old was suddenly at the top of the heap.

The way it seems to be working now is that, on an old thread, you hit the button for "go to last post unread" and go to the first post in the thread, even if it's one you posted on before. It's OK for the recently (post the new forum software) read threads, but it seems as if the new database doesn't know what we read bfore the changeover. Is this something that the database will eventually catch up with?

MG

The way it seems to be working now is that, on an old thread, you hit the button for "go to last post unread" and go to the first post in the thread, even if it's one you posted on before. It's OK for the recently (post the new forum software) read threads, but it seems as if the new database doesn't know what we read bfore the changeover. Is this something that the database will eventually catch up with?

MG

Yep, i know what you mean, went into the futbol thread i created way back then and that i wrote half my posts in it and when i hit the last post unread i ended up at the start of the thread :ph34r:

Is there still a box that links to Amazon or CD Universe so that the board gets a royalty?

That's been asked and answered elsewhere on the board: Jim's reply

____________________________________________________________________________________

The board timed out a few times when I tried to access it today, both on Firefox and IE8. I hope the problems of the "old board" are not reappearing here.

Edited by J.A.W.

I haven't read all 200 posts here, so maybe this has been covered already. How do you enable the +/- green/red buttons on the lower right of each post? I tried a green one and got an error message informing me I had exceeded my daily allotment.

Great new look by the way! I'm already accustomed to it.

I haven't read all 200 posts here, so maybe this has been covered already. How do you enable the +/- green/red buttons on the lower right of each post? I tried a green one and got an error message informing me I had exceeded my daily allotment.

Great new look by the way! I'm already accustomed to it.

I think the function has been disabled.

I haven't figured out what's causing it, but at least once or twice per visit, the button (arrow) on the right side of each topic on the active content page takes me to the first post in that thread instead of the last post. Not a big deal, just odd. I'm using Safari, fwiw.

I enabled the system. We'll see how it works; I might disable it again.

I enabled the system. We'll see how it works; I might disable it again.

Works great! Thanks.

I don't know if others are having this proble, but if I open a thread that Jim has posted on, the Forum freezes (not to mention all that white space). I'm doing this from my BB which is not set up properly for the Forum.

Also, I cannot figure how to post photos. The manage attachments doesn't work and I can't use the full editor; nothing happens.