Welcome to the new forum!

Jim Alfredson

It's the thing that looks like a a ripped off sheet right next to where the address of the site is written. Just at the left of the refresh button

Sorry not very good at PC lingo and even less in english.

hmmm not seeing it - maybe i'm using IE 7 - i can't figure out how to find out what version of IE i am using either. I'm a mess!

What's really nice is the software is finally using multi-threading. Welcome to 2004!

hmmm not seeing it - maybe i'm using IE 7 - i can't figure out how to find out what version of IE i am using either. I'm a mess!

Goto Help\About Internet Explorer

If you're using anything other than 8 you should probably upgrade, although I strongly suggest ditching IE altogether.

thanks Use3d - i'm using IE 7

I'm reading on IE7 now and indeed all posts by band members or moderators (at least Use3c's) are looooooooooooooooooong white posts mostly, with page down/up you need to hit about ten times to get to the next post. And it won't load properly, hence I've not read all the recent posts... also I'm now typing blindly because the editing bar is in the middle of the "fast reply" field and after the sixth line, the typing has to be done behind the editing bar... funny!

Edited by king ubu

I think the problem is with the stuff you list below your avatar, Jim - that normed vertical line between the profile preview and the post is endless!

Also that thing with the editing bar being displayed in the middle of the "fast reply" window is pretty annoying!

And that issue is the very same with "full reply" - there's space for five or six lines, then there's the editing bar in the middle of the box where I type!

And one more thing (forgive the line-breaks, but like this I can go on typing below the editing bar which is displayed in between!): some links open in the same window, as opposed to in a new tab or window, for instance the links to Amazon I posted here:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=54606&view=findpost&p=984675

And please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm trying to help you fix issues! And I do like the new looks!

Just noticed that the "new content" list doesn't have a full 24 hours in it.

Ah, I get it - you only get new content that's timestamped later than your last visit.

So, when my computer stops and shuts itself down (which it did at about 7.30 this evening) the board thinks I'm not interested in the stuff I hadn't got around to reading before it shut down.

Bummer.

MG

There's also the "Today's Active Content" link near the bottom of the main forum page (in one of the dark blue bars), that appears to give you the threads that have been posted to in the past 24 hrs or so - different than "View New Content", which as you say only offers up what is timestamped since your last visit.

The first thing I did when I found that the new board was up was to copy that link ("Today's Active Content") and paste it in as my bookmark for the site. I'm not sure if Jim adjusted anything since then, but at the time I didn't see a way to bring up topics that were older than 24 hours. I see that there is one now (at the bottom of the "Active Content" page. Look for "Active in the last..." and a dropdown menu for more options.

I've found the "today's active content" link now, thanks. But when I came on just now, I hit the "view new content", after I'd logged on - no, I did it before I'd logged on, but was told I didn't have permission, so I logged on and it automaticaly took me to a 24 hour list. So perhaps you get something different if you come in without logging on...

Dunno.

I'll look for the "active in the last..." link later and play with that for a while.

MG

Yes - I just tried the "today's active content" and "view new content" now I'm logged in and they give different results. They only give the same results if you're not logged in when you try the "view ne wcontent".

It's the thing that looks like a a ripped off sheet right next to where the address of the site is written. Just at the left of the refresh button

Sorry not very good at PC lingo and even less in english.

Only IE8 has that button, and only on sites that it recognizes as being incompatible with IE8.

Edited by J.A.W.

And one more thing (forgive the line-breaks, but like this I can go on typing below the editing bar which is displayed in between!): some links open in the same window, as opposed to in a new tab or window, for instance the links to Amazon I posted here:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=54606&view=findpost&p=984675

And please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm trying to help you fix issues! And I do like the new looks!

I get that, too. I'm on IE8. It's confusing if it doesn't always happen the same way. You close a window, rather than doing a "back", and you find you're out on your arse :g

MG

I get that, too. I'm on IE8. It's confusing if it doesn't always happen the same way. You close a window, rather than doing a "back", and you find you're out on your arse :g

MG

Well, if you hit the "compatibility display" button, everything will surely fall into place. See my earlier post about this.

MG

Well, if you hit the "compatibility display" button, everything will surely fall into place. See my earlier post about this.

I just did that and everything's fucked up! I've got all the things everyone's been complaining about! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Gonna hit it again and see if I can stop it.

MG

Yes, that stopped it, thank goodness! So the problem with opening in the same or different windows isn't a compatibility display problem.

Yeah, but those who browse while at work (I do so for two to three times a week) don't have that option, alas... but I can live with it! I just wanted to report these things, as there might be an easy way to fix some of them! (Not that I know... maybe nothing's easy about it, then just don't mind!)

Only things missing is the "Today's active topics" button.

That's now "view new content" at the top right-hand corner.

Isn't that the counterpart to "View new posts since your last visit"? "Today's active topics" rather displays any topic active within the last 24 hours, you may have viewed it or not.

http://www.organissi...ndpost&p=984675

I'm having the same issue, using the newest Firefox, can't find a Preference to change it. But links are opening in the same window (Tab) rather than opening a new Tab. I just looked through organissimo preferences and Firefox preferences, but haven't found the correct place yet. Anyone know how to change that setting?

I'm having the same issue, using the newest Firefox, can't find a Preference to change it. But links are opening in the same window (Tab) rather than opening a new Tab. I just looked through organissimo preferences and Firefox preferences, but haven't found the correct place yet. Anyone know how to change that setting?

You want "regular" links to be opened in a new tab? The "Tab Mix Plus" or "Tab Control" add-ons can probably achieve this (rather odd, IMO) behaviour.

Alternatives to the "open link in new tab" context menu route:

* click link with middle mouse button/scroll wheel

* hold <ctrl> and left click link

You want "regular" links to be opened in a new tab? The "Tab Mix Plus" or "Tab Control" add-ons can probably achieve this (rather odd, IMO) behaviour.

I believe if you also hit the F7 key and tap the space bar at the same time using the appropriate rhythm, it gives you the intro to 'So What.'

I believe if you also hit the F7 key and tap the space bar at the same time using the appropriate rhythm, it gives you the intro to 'So What.'

:lol:

Looks like it's in D/Eb Dorian by default. But, if you press <ctrl><shift><+> or <ctrl><shift><->, it will transpose up or down in half-step increments.

Pretty cool! This new board software is friggin' amazing! :)