Stan Getz and Bill Evans Album on Verve

Teasing the Korean

23 hours ago, Shrdlu said:

Ha ha. That's a good one. Thought Elvin was Paul Motian. Were the notes written by an office junior?

Probably so - I found more mistakes like that, as if someone had written the credits and added personnel by copy & paste without really looking. Were there liner notes in that rusting steel box set? They could have thrown in a cheap copy of these.

Edited by mikeweil

When I didscovered that the dreaded Bill Evans metal rust box was spreading rust to the CDs adjacent to it, I mentioned it to my father and he suggested cleaning it with Comet. I think that halted the progress, though I haven't checked it in awhile. It is easily one of the worst designed boxed sets, along with that pathetic 4 CD Charlie Christian set where the CDs rested in a ceramic like base.

As Lon indicated, the notes in the original Rust Box booklet are extensive and pretty good, just occasionally difficult to read because of the dumb design (light green letters on cream background, white letters on light grey--one is grateful when the designers actually allow black lettering).

gregmo

9 minutes ago, Ken Dryden said:

Good luck trying to photocopy the book, it would be a challenge to flatten it enough to get a good scan, let alone get readable text. I hope the designer was fired and banned from the music industry for the overall horrible design.

Didn't it win some sort of award for best packaging or some such thing? Best graphic design maybe?