Great LP cover archive

John L

By now, I think that most of us know about the Japanese Vintage Vanguard LP cover site. Well, here is another fantastic site that I stumbled upon the other day: This is a true virtual museum of jazz LP art, including text devoted to the various labels and artists. birkajazz

Edited by John L

No contest!

The John Jenkins session for New Jazz was recorded in July 1957 and released a couple of years later.

The Danish Debut EP session was recorded in 1960!

The Jenkins album cover design is credited to E.E. (the great Esmond Edwards).

All praises go (should go) to him!

It's interesting that this site hasn't gotten more attention. I did a quick search, and found that it was mentioned here in 2005 (a reference to its function as a source for vinyl). There was another recent thread also: http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=53186&st=0&p=925374 Anyway, nice site. I only wish it was more comprehensive regarding the various labels it includes.

I've been buying records from Birka Jazz since they started as an online shop. It's a good place to go for Scandinavian stuff at reasonable prices. Their grading is solid, and the one mistake I encountered, they sent me another copy and told me to keep the defective one. No record shops do that in the States!

I've been buying records from Birka Jazz since they started as an online shop. It's a good place to go for Scandinavian stuff at reasonable prices. Their grading is solid, and the one mistake I encountered, they sent me another copy and told me to keep the defective one. No record shops do that in the States!

Same experience here : always a pleasure to buy record from them.

Brownie: On my computer, for some reason, even though the address is still jpg, when I right click to "save picture," it only allows me to save the picture as a bitmap file. When I right click to save the image you just posted, I cannot save it as a jpg. Can you? I was able to do that last week, but not now.

Edited by John L