BeBop

FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S. FOR ORDERS OVER $100

TWO WEEKS ONLY!

(Ends Monday, January 18th)

January 6, 2010

FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S. FOR ORDERS OVER $100

TWO WEEKS ONLY!

(Ends Monday, January 18th)

Order over $100 from any of our four websites; Mosaic Records, True Blue Music, The Best Vinyl Shop and Mosaic Contemporary and receive free shipping on U.S. orders and 50% off of international shipping. You can combine products from any of the three websites since they will all be included in the same shopping cart. And as usual if you do not live in the state of Connecticut, there is no sales tax.

For Canadian shipments order by January 18th and we will charge a flat rate of $7 for shipping any order over $100.

For all other International orders , make a purchase during the promotion and save 50% on shipping for orders over $100.

NOTE: This offer is only valid for in-stock items. We have noted on the website which Mosaic Records products are currently on backorder.

Edited by BeBop

Unfair to Brits!

(with more money than sense)

And what about everyone else outside the United States?

I don't think it's unfair, shipping to destinations outside North America is quite a bit more expensive than domestic shipping.

Edited by J.A.W.

Great.... another two weeks of fighting the temptation to buy the Mobley & Turrentine sets.....

Al,

I've got both of these sets and they really suck. Mobley wasn't the middle weight champion of the tenor, more like the feather weight champ. Besides, anyone who doesn't write his own material ought to be ashamed of himself. Just ask yourself this: when's the last time I heard a good Hank Mobley original? And Turrentine? Wow, don't get me started. Talk about a guy without his own sound. Completely useless without Shirley Scott. Thank God he found his way into pop jazz so he didn't continue to pollute the hard bop gene pool.

OK, now repeat after me. "These are good reasons I don't need these two sets." "These are good reasons I don't need these two sets." Doesn't that make you feel better? :rolleyes:

Great.... another two weeks of fighting the temptation to buy the Mobley & Turrentine sets.....

Al,

I've got both of these sets and they really suck. Mobley wasn't the middle weight champion of the tenor, more like the feather weight champ. Besides, anyone who doesn't write his own material ought to be ashamed of himself. Just ask yourself this: when's the last time I heard a good Hank Mobley original? And Turrentine? Wow, don't get me started. Talk about a guy without his own sound. Completely useless without Shirley Scott. Thank God he found his way into pop jazz so he didn't continue to pollute the hard bop gene pool.

OK, now repeat after me. "These are good reasons I don't need these two sets." "These are good reasons I don't need these two sets." Doesn't that make you feel better? :rolleyes:

What humorless curmudgeon gave this hilarious post a negative hit? I'll fix that!!!

Doesn't Deepdiscount.com sometimes sell Mosaic box sets? (with free shipping)

They do sell a few, though it might mostly be the Selects. I picked up the Onzy Matthews and John Handy Selects from them late last year...on sale and with free shipping.

(Of course, as I posted in another thread, the Matthews set packaging was a bit worse for wear. The Handy was fine.)

Well, I still have that massive Christmas bonus to spend ($150, yea baby!), and all my wife gave me for Christmas was a Starbucks mug. So I think I'm due.

Now if the house and cars would just cooperate and quit crapping out, I could splurge on the Johnny Smith. :P

The Chu Berry, Woody Herman and Benny Goodman sets will be here soon! excited.gif

Won the pools? greengrin.gif

I wish! greengrin.gif It's been a while since these sets have been on my list. They've been on backorder for quite a while so I've had enough time to save some $. I've hesitated to buy the Goodman as I have most of the music on the Chronological Classics label but I've read so many good comments on the sound of the Mosaic that I couldn't resist.