Chick Corea - A Very Special Concert

Claude

Has anyone seen this new DVD?

214950.jpg (click on picture for CD Universe link)

Recorded live in 1982. 57 minutes. Region 1. Dolby Digital 5.1. Color. English B)

Chick Corea, piano (and/or keyboards?)

Joe Henderson, tenor sax

Stanley Clarke, bass

Lenny White, drums

1. L's Bop

2. Why Wait

3. 500 Miles High

4. Guernica

Edited by Claude

Thanks for the tip, Marcus :)

I checked an old Elektra/Musician discography for the "Echoes of an era" album (is that a live or studio recording?), it adds Freddie Hubbard and Chaka Khan and has none of the titles played on the DVD.

Is the VHS you are referring to a different recording? Maybe Echoes of an Era, Vol. 1: The Concert.

Edited by Claude

TDK issued this in Europe in 2002, I bought it then, it's the same disc with a different cover (picture here). It's a great gig, everybody seems to be enjoying themselves. The songs, L's Bop, Why Wait and Guernica (+Corea's 500 Miles High), are actually from an album called "Griffith Park Collection" which was apparently finished just before this performance (Lenny White mentions this). Hubbard is on that album. Chaka is featured on "Echoes Of An Era".

Edited by Kari S

The songs, L's Bop, Why Wait and Guernica (+Corea's 500 Miles High), are actually from an album called "Griffith Park Collection" which was apparently finished just before this performance (Lenny White mentions this).  Hubbard is on that album.

Thanks Kari, your post reminded me that I've actually bought this album just a few weeks ago (amonst several other second hand LPs), but forgot to listen to it. :huh:

It's a very enjoyable straightforward acoustic session with good solos, but nothing exceptional. I don't think I'll get the DVD.

Edited by Claude

Claude,

Freddie and Chaka are on Echoes of an Era, Vol.1

for Echoes Vol.2, they replaced Chaka with Nancy and Freddie wasn´t there.

the VHS that i have is Echoes Vol.2 and as far as i know Vol.1 was never available on VHS

both albums are live concerts

maybe i did a mistake associating this particular DVD to Echoes Vol.2 as the lineup is exactly the same minus Nancy and most of the songs are similar

Marcus Oliveira