Art Pepper Smack Up $8 SOLD

Mulligan Meets Monk $8 SOLD

others

Bluesnik - Jackie McLean (not reissue) $5

The Birdlanders Vol 1 $7

The Birdlanders Vol 2 $7

Hope Meets Foster $6 SOLD

Edited by scottb

I know it doesn't make any sense. But it drives me crazy to not have these four titles in the same format.

I had decided just to sell the K2s and get the Legendary Prestige Quintet box set but now I will see if I can get the Cookin disc from Claude.

Edited by scottb

And if Claude can't sell you one, you could always just order it from Amazon marketplace for $5 as suggested in your other thread. I even provided a link, and suggestions for which sellers to avoid. This CD is not that hard to find.

EDIT: Just saw your reply that you tried that route and had a bad (but common, I feel your pain) experience with getting sent the wrong version.

Yes, that is a drawback to Amazon marketplace. No doubt about it. What I do is contact the seller, either beforehand, or just after ordering and ask them to confirm that the title they have in stock is EXACTLY as they have it listed, and tell them how to determine this, i.e. says K2 on it, etc. That is really the only way to be sure. It is sort of a PIA, and even this doesn't always work, but it usually does.

And just to reiterate, don't waste your time with sellers like gohastings and wherehouse that draw from multiple big box brick and mortar stores. They are useless for getting a particular version, it is just a crapshoot with them. Good luck with your quest!

Edited by riverrat

I just checked and I'm pretty sure my version of Cookin' is the K2. I don't have it in its original jewelcase, but I could put it in one and ship it to you. I have this album in other formats and will give this to you for free, just because I admire your OCD-ness. (And in case I'm wrong and the version I have is not the one you need.)

PM me your address and I will ship mine on Monday. I am going to the post office then anyways.

I just checked and I'm pretty sure my version of Cookin' is the K2. I don't have it in its original jewelcase, but I could put it in one and ship it to you. I have this album in other formats and will give this to you for free, just because I admire your OCD-ness. (And in case I'm wrong and the version I have is not the one you need.)

PM me your address and I will ship mine on Monday. I am going to the post office then anyways.

A very nice gesture and I wish to God that would fix the problem. However, my OCD runs a little deeper than that. Without the packaging it just wouldn't "count."

Thanks anyway.

A very nice gesture and I wish to God that would fix the problem. However, my OCD runs a little deeper than that. Without the packaging it just wouldn't "count."

Thanks anyway.

What part of the original packaging do you need? Were the K2s the ones that came in the red slipcases? You keep those?

Were the K2s the ones that came in the red slipcases?

Some are yellow...others purple....like the Pepper & Miles ones that he and Sjarrell are iso.

Riverside=red

Prestige=purple

Contemporary=yellow

Green = Fantasy

Actually, Fantasy=blue (at least in my collection, e.g., Brubeck--Jazz at Oberlin, Guaraldi--Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus)

Jazzland=orange

Pablo=lighter (than Contemporary) yellow

Now that we've cracked the color code, are you sure you really wanna get rid of 'em? tongue.gif

Some are yellow...others purple....like the Pepper & Miles ones that he and Sjarrell are iso.

Riverside=red

Prestige=purple

Contemporary=yellow

Green = Fantasy

Actually, Fantasy=blue (at least in my collection, e.g., Brubeck--Jazz at Oberlin, Guaraldi--Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus)

Jazzland=orange

Now that we've cracked the color code, are you sure you really wanna get rid of 'em? tongue.gif

I was going from memory of my Jazz at Oberlin and I thought the sleeve matched the green cover. Obviously my memory has let me down.

Damn it I am getting old!

Edited by scottb

Riverside=red

Prestige=purple

Contemporary=yellow

Green = Fantasy

Jazzland=orange

Next is the refresher course on the various JRVG OBI colors. :crazy: