organissimo - ALIVE & KICKIN' - new live CD/DVD

Jim Alfredson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My copy arrived a few days ago, and what I have heard so far sounds excellent! Congrats! Very good playing by all three organissimists. I like this live version of Senor Buffet much better than the studio recording.

Edited by mikeweil

My copy arrived a few days ago, and what I have heard so far sounds excellent! Congrats! Very good playing by all three organissimists. I like this live version of Senor Buffet much better than the studio recording.

Studio sessions seldom if ever capture the fire and spontaneity of the music. I've always looked at studio recordings basically as a necessary demo, a way for the artists or bands to get their music out for exposure, sale, and airplay, but mainly as a means to get gigs at live music venues and festivals. The live performance is where the musicians really get inside the tunes and is when solos really develop and stretch.. It's always interesting to go back to the studio versions and listen to all the changes.

Edited by randissimo

Late with the praise but mercy, well done! I never had the pleasure of seeing y'all in person but it's a mighty fine sounding substitute. (I'm waiting for a day to crank it 8 and "feel" the music vibrations thump through the ribcage.) While I'm a "music first" kind of guy the sound quality really is something else. Someone should start a thread over at Hoffman about the superior sonics of Alive & Kickin'. You'll get people who normally only buy gold discs Air Supply's Greatest Hits buying this just to hear the high fidelity. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...