Phil Schaap: 40 years on the air!

brownie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell would want to buy a 78 record from an artist like Bessie Smith with Wynton Marsalis's autograph on it? That is just so bizarre.

It's like a George Washington letter with Warren G. Harding's autograph across it.

Nice comparison, Ptah! :lol:

As for the predictable Wynton bashing that's been mentioned above, before opening the link inserted by Brownie I read the subsequent comments, wondering what W.M. may have signed. Maybe books not even written, contributed or promoted by him? Understandable reactions, then. But 78s NOT EVEN REMOTELY related to whatever he recorded himself or had a hand in producing?? (He hadn't even been imagined by his ancestors at the time of release of those records anyway ...) Totally mindboggling indeed, and in the light of this I find the above comments very, very moderate in tone and not in a "bashing" mood at all. So I agree with Kevin B all the way.

Says a lot about the state of mind of those involved in these items up for auction to even have DREAMT of seeing ANY sense in signing them this way! :crazy:

Edited by Big Beat Steve