Warning: AAJ Forum May Have Been Hijacked

Jimmer

I just wanted to warn other people here who frequent AAJ that it HAS been hijacked. I went over there a few minutes ago from my favorites and my browser started spinning a series of numbers. I'm running a virus scan and have picked up three tracking cookies so far but nothing else.

A few minutes later:

My computer seems O.K. - nothing else showed up but the tracking cookies, and I know they came from AAJ because I had just updated my virus definitions a half hour before and ran a full scan with nothing showing up. I just did a google search for "AAJ forum" and it says "Hacked By Doped."

Edited by Jimmer

AAJ ... HAS been hijacked.

Ha ha - that happened YEARS ago with the gutless management endorsement of a select few trolls and bullies. :tdown

AMEN Bro. I took a one-way ticket out of there years ago.

I didn't need to - I was booted off :)

me too J.A.W. but w/ me it was more of an: "I quit." "You can't quit. You're fired!" scenario. the issues over there (and most forums i would assume, but there maybe more so?) could be picked over ad nauseum but certainly aren't worth the time here.

plus, i assume the OP was serious and that, of course, sucks.

AAJ ... HAS been hijacked.

Ha ha - that happened YEARS ago with the gutless management endorsement of a select few trolls and bullies. :tdown

AMEN Bro. I took a one-way ticket out of there years ago.

I didn't need to - I was booted off :)

me too J.A.W. but w/ me it was more of an: "I quit." "You can't quit. You're fired!" scenario. the issues over there (and most forums i would assume, but there maybe more so?) could be picked over ad nauseum but certainly aren't worth the time here.

plus, i assume the OP was serious and that, of course, sucks.

After all these years I still don't know why I was kicked off AAJ. I asked AAJ owner Ricci but never got an explanation. Oh well...

By the way, the Latin phrase is ad nauseam :)

For years—thanks to a highly offensive Canadian cyberpig, whom Mike R. gave carte blanche—AAJ has been one of my top stay-away-from choices. I would no more go back there—even for a moment—than I would Jazz Corner. :tdown :tdown :tdown

What matter is the nationality of this cyberpig? Would you say Danish cyberpig if he/she were Danish?

AAJ was hacked a couple of months ago as well (nationality of perps unknown). :D

For years—thanks to a highly offensive Canadian cyberpig, whom Mike R. gave carte blanche—AAJ has been one of my top stay-away-from choices. I would no more go back there—even for a moment—than I would Jazz Corner. :tdown :tdown :tdown

What matter is the nationality of this cyberpig? Would you say Danish cyberpig if he/she were Danish?

AAJ was hacked a couple of months ago as well (nationality of perps unknown). :D

Yes, but only if he really was Danish and I needed to identify him as such in order to protect those who weren't. This guy was so vile that there was a time when one only had to mention "the Canadian" and people knew instatntly who you were talking about.

Have I answered the question to your satisfaction? Sorry, but I have absolutely nothing against Canada nor its nationals, but there's a pig in ever poke, as my great aunt would say under her breath. She was Danish, by the way. :)

Have I answered the question to your satisfaction? Sorry, but I have absolutely nothing against Canada nor its nationals, but there's a pig in ever poke, as my great aunt would say under her breath. She was Danish, by the way. :)

So that's where that expression came from! :D

As for you-know-who, it just seemed to be a routine part of his description. With some other nationalities that might be considered ... I dunno ... xenophobic or pejorative or something. You wouldn't say German cyberpig or Mexican cyberpig, or American cyberpig for that matter. ... Cyberpig should suffice. ;)

Whenever AAJ turns up in a thread title it quickly sidetracks into 'our gang is better than their gang.'

No, I don't think that's what these comments are about at all.

Obviously, I am not alone in feeling that I was deliberately disenfranchised - after spending much time there posting and contributing in a postitive manner, especially on Australian jazz - in favour of a cherry-picked few whose every nasty, brutish comment drew no comment let alone reprimand.

They had their reasons. But backing those reasons with blatant, unexplained discrimination makes those responsible look very shabby.

In that sense, my utter contempt is reserved not for their "gang" - AAJ forum participants - but for those who run the joint.