Super Bowl 44

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Regarding The Who, wished i was out of the room, they should stop bringing those geriatric bands who aren't playing a song that has been written the 25 last years. What's next Mike Love and the Beach Boys.

That looks kind of funny on a board where so many people consider '60s Blue Note LPs as "modern jazz"...

Blam!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding The Who, wished i was out of the room, they should stop bringing those geriatric bands who aren't playing a song that has been written the 25 last years. What's next Mike Love and the Beach Boys.

That looks kind of funny on a board where so many people consider '60s Blue Note LPs as "modern jazz"...

Ooh---snap!

There's something indelibly sad about old rock 'n rollers.

I don't think it has to be that way. But if you try to perform songs that are not suited to your point in life, it can get kind of ridiculous. I mean, "Teenage Wasteland?" At their age? Please!

You've got to remember, these songs are for the crowd, they want to hear them. I'm sure the band would be fine not having to play them, but they get played because the crowd wants them, not the musicians. As long as the musicians can enjoy playing it over and over, then there is agreement.

Actually, I don't.

I enjoyed The Who, so shoot me. I've loved them since I was a kid and just because they have gotten old doesn't mean I'm going to stop listening now...

I mean, how many people that went and saw John Lee Hooker or Ray Charles at the end of their careers REALLY saw these guys at the top of their games?

Back to Jim's point about the coaching, it was damn impressive. The reason is that it not only took the guts to make those calls, but your team has to be executing on a very high level to carry that same mindset as the coach to the field and deliver. The Saints really were playing as a "team"...something too many teams seem to forget.