A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The body is the temple of the Lord, I don't desecrate that temple.

But on July 1, the temple is desecrated.

JULY 4TH !!

DEEP

CLIT,

NO FLUTE OR TERPSICHOREAN GYRATIONS.

HE HAD HIS HANDS FULL NEGOTIATING THE PROCEEDINGS WITHOUT ANY GYMNASTICS.

RELEASE EXPECTED TO BE IN LATE FEBRUARY.

HERE'S THE PERSONNEL:

THE PERSONNEL:

DANNY D'IMPERIO'S BIG BAND BLOVIATION

Danny D'Imperio - Drums & Leader

Dave Stahl (lead except track 7), Greg Gisbert (all tracks & lead on track 7),

Dennis "HOBART" Dotson (tracks 1, 2, 3 & 6 only), Joe Magnarelli, Chris Persad - Trumpets

John Mosca (lead except track 3 where he’s out), Larry Farrell (all tracks & lead on track 3),

Jason Jackson (tracks 1, 3, 5 & 6 only), Bruce Eidem (tracks 4, 7 & 8 only), Jim "WILLOUGHBY" Daniels [bass] - Trombones

Gary Pribek (lead), Joe Carello (flute) - Alto Saxophones

Chris Byars (tracks 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6 only), Ralph "BLOTOLINI" Lalama (tracks 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6 only),

John Rohde (tracks 4, 7 & 8 only), Eric Alexander (tracks 4, 7 & 8 only) - Tenor Saxophones

LEW TABACKIN (guest soloist on tracks 1 & 6) – Tenor Saxophone

Gary Smulyan (all tracks), John Rohde (section bari on track 2) - Baritone Saxophones

BARRY HARRIS (tracks 4 & 8 only) - Piano

Sacha Perry (tracks 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6 only) - Piano

Dino Losito (track 7 only) – Piano

Peter Bernstein (track 7 only) - Guitar

Peter Mack - Bass

THE TUNES

Danny D'Imperio's

BIG BAND BLOVIATION - VOLUME 2

1. SWEET GEORGIA UPSIDE DOWN 8:13

(Comp. & Arr. Phil Kelly) [ASCAP]

2. BROTHERHOOD OF MAN 5:56

(Comp. Frank Loesser / Arr.Tony Klatka) [ASCAP]

3. COME RAIN OR COME SHINE 4:56

(comp. Mercer & Arlen / Arr. Bill Stapleton) [ASCAP]

4. GROOVIN' HIGH 11:37

(Comp. Dizzy Gillespie / Arr. Rob McConnell) [ASCAP]

5. FOX HUNT 3:54

(Comp & Arr. Mike Abene) [bMI]

6. BILL'S BLUES 6:55

(Comp. & Arr. Bill Stapleton) [ASCAP]

7. CEORA 8:42

(Comp. Lee Morgan / Arr. John Fedchock) [bMI]

8. YARDBIRD SUITE 12:12

(Comp. Charlie Parker / Arr. Jimmy Heath) [bMI]

Tracks 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, recorded Nov. 10th 2003

Tracks 4, 7, 8, recorded Oct. 2nd 2001

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Too late to do anything about that, but the Iraq situation is still ongoing and fluid.

FUCK IRAQ !!

FEED'EM BEEF (FROM CANADA).Shit, nobody else wants Canadian beef...they oughta just give it to the Iraqi Sandchucks.

DEEP

Considering that the North American Beef industry is, and has been totally integrated, for decades, who's to say whose cattle were the genesis? There but for the grace of God go either side of the North American beef industry.

The offending feed,[ruminant-based protein suppliments, made from beef bones] which appears to have been the cause was common and used on both sides of the border, both in the U.S. and in Canada, until six years ago.

I don't mean to give the impression that I'm an expert in cattle-production, because I'm not, but that's a FACT!!! So, that's why there was a question of exactly which cows originated where. It could just as easily have been one of the dairy cows from YOUR side of the border. So, your smugness is misplaced.

Edited by patricia

So then Patty, perhaps I can deftly segue this topic back on track, and ask if you  could explain to us the genesis of how Sadaam earned his nickname: Saddam "Big Beef" Hussein?  ;)

I never could stand it during Gulf War I when Bush, "The Father" would repeatedly refer to that cocksucker as "Saddam". I don't remember ever seeing any WW II footage where FDR refered the Paper Hanger as "ADOLF".

I've filtered that prick's name down to......

....... ......."THE SODOMIZER".......PERIOD.

DEEP

So then Patty, perhaps I can deftly segue this topic back on track, and ask if you  could explain to us the genesis of how Sadaam earned his nickname: Saddam "Big Beef" Hussein?   ;)

I never could stand it during Gulf War I when Bush, "The Father" would repeatedly refer to that cocksucker as "Saddam". I don't remember ever seeing any WW II footage where FDR refered the Paper Hanger as "ADOLF".

I've filtered that prick's name down to......

....... ......."THE SODOMIZER".......PERIOD.

DEEP

FINALLY, something about which you and I can, at least in this instance, agree. Saddam Hussein was so horrible and so obscenely inhumane and satanic that EVERYONE is relieved that he is no longer in power.

BUT, Bush #1's use of Saddam Hussein's first name implied a certain friendliness and intimacy which, I agree, was inappropriate and annoying to me also.

Why have I always thought that Hitler was a failed artist, who drifted, doing odd jobs, having been rejected as an art student by the Academy of Arts in Vienna??

No matter, failed artist or paper-hanger, he lives in infamy.

Edited by patricia

I'm gonna have to be away for a little bit as I'm headin' to NYC and the Nola Studio Christmas Party. (Christiern will be there too)

In the meantime I'm leaving this thread in the capable hands of the only poster who is making any goddamn sense....THE GROPER.

All of the rest of you pansies seem to be determined to sell the USA down the river...in short: Give America's ass away and let her shit through her ribs.

See ya in a few days.

Over to THE GROPER.

DEEP

I believe that the use of "The Sodomizer's" first name by Bush I originated in Arabic custom. Whatever the derivation, I think it is emblematic of the U.S.'s diplomatic efforts over the last (approximately) 14 years to solve the Iraq problem before resorting to armed conflict. Playing his bellicose game of hide and seek, Hussein seemed to invite war. Throughout this extended period we enjoyed the support of many civilized nations, including the U.N. It was only when the U.N. refused to back its own resolutions that we acquired the unjust "unilateralist" tag. Certain key members were afraid to jeopardize their (gasp) ECONOMIC INTERESTS. (I hesitate to even mention that filthy commodity, OIL, to all you pure humanitarian democrats out there.) I'm reminded of a sixth-grade essay that I was assigned to write (ca. 1957), arguing that the U.N. would continue as a successful experiment in world government. It seemed so OBVIOUS to my 11-year-old mind because it was so high-minded. To a buddy of mine the reverse seemed OBVIOUS--that it would founder on fractiousness ala the League of Nations. To understand the ongoing turmoil in Iraq and other Arab nations (unfortunately complicated by the West) you only need watch the ending of "Lawrence of Arabia." THERE'S some fractiousness.

Brother Christiern, there are "ideological fog"(s) and there are self-delusions. It's truly obscene to compare The Sodomizer and OUR President, to equate them or even mention them in the same breath/sentence. Forgive my own transgression.

When Bush #1 used Saddam Hussein's first name, Arabic cultural norms aside, it struck me the same way that it does when a telemarketer uses my first name to pretend he/she knows me. It feigns an intimacy which is offensive.

Your suggestion that watching a MOVIE will make everything clear to those who know nothing of Middle Eastern culture is certainly much easier than having to waste time reading history. Perhaps a synopsis of that movie would be even easier, if it can all be fitted on one page.

Yes. America, save yourself. Kill 'em all!!!! Why bother to try to discover why they want to kill you????

Edited by patricia

THE GROPER !!

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

Patty,

I suggest you stick to your mission of posting every entry from the Encyclopedia of Jazz rather than comment on your "noisy neighbors to the south".

If you don't agree then might I suggest you at least put in a concerted effort to...GET LAID !! (God knows you must be about ready to explode...how long has it been now......7 or 8 years?)

DEEP

Sister Patricia,

Studying history is best, of course. I only offered the movie suggestion AS SYNOPSIS.

Why do they want to kill us? That's easy: feelings of inferiority/humiliation engendering DEEP resentment and ENVY. See The Sodomizer as Saladin for the pathology involved.

THE GROPER !!

:tup  :tup  :tup  :tup  :tup

Patty,

If you don't agree then might I suggest you at least put in a concerted effort to...GET LAID !! (God knows you must be about ready to explode...how long has it been now......7 or 8 years?)

DEEP

Is that your answer to everything?? No wonder you are so angry. Bread and circusses only delay and distract. They don't resolve anything.

As for my posting bios, I just thought it would provide a way to talk about some jazz artists in a unique, random way. Other posters and lurkers have told me that they found them interesting, even though long-time devotees of Jazz, like yourself may already be aware of the biographies I posted.

I wasn't posting, verbatum, "The Encyclopedia of Jazz", but of course I was using available material as reference. The bios were a condensation of the material I have at hand. I mistakedly thought that we come to a jazz site to share.

I had no idea that my contribution would offend you and invite your contempt.

My apologies.

And GROPER, walk aft, til your hat floats.

Bush's mantra that "they hate freedom" is beginning to wear thin.

THEY were invaded by an administration which will not rest until it has control of Iraq's resources [read OIL] and no humanitarian motive was involved.

You don't save people by bombing their country from the air.

You don't liberate people by killing them. Why are we surprised that the country would fight back when it is invaded? Would we not do the same thing??

Edited by patricia

Oh Patty, no need to get upset at us Americans who have targets on the back of our shirts as far as Middle Eastern extremists are concerned. I mean, we realize that you may not share the same feelings up there in Calgary (is that close to YUKON?? ^_^ .) We in America have our enemies because we are a big country and we are engaged in the world. The last visitor to your town was--who? Admiral Peary? ;) I mean, come on: easy to take the high approach when you're outside of events like that, and the only crisis might be if the Walrus population got a bit out of hand. :P Of course, you do have your share of American supporters who hate Bush and feel we have to BACK DOWN to those Mideval Muslim extremists.

The GROPER and DEEP are correct: we have to strike back; and we have to hit hard.

9/11 can never be forgotten.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Oh Patty, no need to get upset at us Americans who have targets on the back of our shirts as far as Middle Eastern extremists are concerned.  I mean, we realize that you may not share the same feelings up there in Calgary (is that close to YUKON?? ^_^ .)  We in America have our enemies because we are a big country and we are engaged in the world.  The last visitor to your town was--who?  Admiral Peary?  ;)   I mean, come on: easy to take the high approach when you're outside of events like that, and the only crisis might be if the Walrus population got a bit out of hand.  :P  Of course, you do have your share of American supporters who hate Bush and feel we have to BACK DOWN to those Mideval Muslim extremists. 

The GROPER and DEEP are correct: we have to strike back; and we have to hit hard.

9/11 can never be forgotten.

Haul out your atlas.

Some wag remarked that the reason wars still exist is to encourage Americans to look at their atlases. If it's not too much trouble, you might also want to quickly skim the hundreds of volumes, dealing with other cultures, besides your own. Compared to the rest of the world, North America is a pre-pubescent child.

I include Canada, the country for which many of you have such low regard in that company.

We, as a culture, have managed to decimate much of the non-renewable resources available to us in the space of only one century. But, do we look for alternate, renewable ones and educate our children to continue that search??

Of course not. We'll all be dead before they run out, right??

I lived in CA for six years and had to have my daughter mail international newspapers, including her local one to me in order to stay abreast of world news. It seemed as though if it didn't happen in the U.S. it didn't matter.

For an entire year, the Clinton/Monika Lewinsky gossip was front-page news. If one were to believe the papers, nothing else of importance was happening.

Turned out that while everyone was distracted from world affairs by that non-event, bin Laden and his associates were plotting to attack the WTC and the Pentagon and did. And, to make it worse, they are not the only ones pissed off by the U.S.

As you say, Americans have targets on their backs. They have targets on their backs, not because they love freedom, but because of this administration's ham-handed approach to diplomacy and absolute belief that the rest of the world apparently exists as an endless supplier of natural resources to make their lives more comfortable.

Why negotiate for resources if you can just launch a war and take them? Then, add to that audacity, by sending the country on which you visited destruction and whose people you killed, the bill. Even better, do that and add to that bill any expenses incurred in the interim suggesting that they should be pooled by the very nations who were dismissed as "for Saddam Hussein, agin the West". The other nations didn't agree with the launching of this ongoing debacle. In fact they tried to persuade the U.S. to wait for the United Nations inspectors to finish their work. There was never any intention by the U.S. and Britain, not to invade Iraq.

You "won" the war. Now what's the plan for winning the peace?? Is there one?? A Plan B, as it were, in case the liberated country didn't welcome you with flowers and parades and felt, well............ invaded and occupied??

God [not the evil God of the non-Christian global majority, but the Good Guy God of America] is on your side and He/She says to vanquish any resistance to Western style democracy by killing anyone who should disagree.

[Oh, and lest I should be accused of personal cleverness in originating the "Good Guy God" designation, that honour belongs to Ken Finkleman, who wrote the enormously successful CANADIAN satire, "The News Room"].

Edited by patricia

We, as a culture, have managed to decimate much of the non-renewable resources available to us in the space of only one century. 

DEEP's done that in a year's time by just heating his mansion! :P

Nobody who lives in what is generally described by most regular people as a "mansion" actually describe their own house as a mansion. They think it makes them sound pretentious.

There are some people who are convinced that had they not been born, everyone would have wondered why.

But, they would do well to remember that everyone looks ridiculous, when they are flossing, or..........vomiting. :blink:

Edited by patricia

Nobody who lives in what is generally described by most regular people as a "mansion" actually describe their own house as a mansion.    They think it makes them sound pretentious.

There are some people who are convinced that had they not been born, everyone would have wondered why. 

But, they would do well to remember that everyone looks ridiculous, when they are flossing, or..........vomiting. :blink:

PATTY,

I have 4 cars; Cadillac, Lincoln Continental, Lumina & a 1929 Model A Ford.

I have 4 pianos, Steinway, Yamaha, Wellington & a HINDENBURG (which I never allow near Lakehurst, New Jersey).

I have lost track of how many TVs and Stereo systems I have.

I have a wife AND a *DIVERTIMENTO* (who lives on the upper East side of Manhattan).

I am well over the millionaire status.

All of my friends are White as are my elected officials. My teeth are as White as I can get them. Only one of my cars is White. My women are Yellow. My grass is green (the lawn that is) and my smoke is brown.

I prefer the company of well-to-do people. They're much more interesting conversationalists (and they don't say "Man" every other word).

If that makes me seem pretentious...what the hell...I'M PRETENTIOUS!!

I see THE GROPER really took charge while I was away. I agree with a lot of what he has to say but for some reason I get the impression he's not the BRIGHTEST BULB IN THE MARQEE !!

DEEP

I have 4 cars; Cadillac, Lincoln Continental, Lumina & a 1929 Model A Ford.

I have 4 pianos, Steinway, Yamaha, Wellington & a HINDENBURG (which I never allow near Lakehurst, New Jersey).

I have lost track of how many TVs and Stereo systems I have.

I have a wife AND a *DIVERTIMENTO* (who lives on the upper East side of Manhattan).

I am well over the millionaire status.

All of my friends are White as are my elected officials. My teeth are as White as I can get them. Only one of my cars is White. My women are Yellow. My grass is green (the lawn that is) and my smoke is brown.

I prefer the company of well-to-do people. They're much more interesting conversationalists (and they don't say "Man" every other word).

If that makes me seem pretentious...what the hell...I'M PRETENTIOUS!!

DEEP [ QUOTE]

Methinks his DEEPnessness is pulling our leg a bit ..I don't doubt his laundry list of possessions, but his references to "all my musicians are white" smacks of the very funny hyperbole in the

"K********OPOLIS saga" on another BBS ..

( didn't wanna spell the name and have him find us ) :alien:

Howsome. ever ..I'm not rich by DEEPies standards, but I do own my modest home, my own car ( singular ), have a sufficient stash of investments and enuff CASH to have fromted my own CD sans "angel"and am enjoying my semi-retirement with my new hobby ..

producing actual JAZZ for myself ..of others like it, great ..in not ..well ..

Howsome, ever , ( part deux) : I prefer the company of SMART, WITTY, and IRREVERANT people as opposed to the merely rich ones ..many rich people are either boring, tedious, or self absorbed .

Othr than that DEEP, how was the Nola Party?

didja enjoy the Perrier ? :g:g

but his references to "all my musicians are white" smacks of the  very funny hyperbole in the

"K********OPOLIS  saga" on another BBS ..

Othr than that DEEP, how was the Nola Party?

(Heat seeking MUFF) Missile,

Where the fuck did you see me say "all my musicians are White" ??

You must be gettin' cataracts in your retirement.

The party was nice.

A few notables in attendence were:

Joe Wilder, Frank Wess, Jerry Dodgion, Mike Longo, Stanley Kay, John Pizzarelli, Don Sebeskey, Clem "PHLEGM" DeRosa, John Mosca, Jackie Williams, Eddie Locke, Jay Leonhardt, Andy Fusco, Howard Alden, Randy Sandke, Glenn Drewes, Harry Allen, Jerry Bruno, Nancy "Beer Belly" Kelly, and I only stayed for the first hour. People were piling in as we split. My Japanese "DIVERTIMENTO" was pretty wide-eyed at the stars because one of her favorite CDs is Don Sebeskey's "I Remember Bill" (Bill Evans) and John Pizzarelli sings that tune on the CD. There she was rappin' with those cats. She gave me some great emergency SKULL when we got back to the crib. Gotta impress the chickies once in a while if you wanna get your nut off properly.

One notable NOT in attendance was CHRISTIERN. I was shocked at his absence. I guess he's runnin' DEEPLY scared.

DEEP

mea culpa ..what you said was:

>>All of my friends are White as are my elected officials. My teeth are as White as I can get them. Only one of my cars is White. My women are Yellow. My grass is green (the lawn that is) and my smoke is brown. <<

it was not musicians ..chalk it up to crepitating seniliy

:g

it still remionds me of the :alien: opolis saga ..

what ever happened to the "book deal " ??