A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

You mean to say when the new software gets out, this trash is supposed to spill over into the other threads?

Hm

Cheers!

To date:

Don't worry Deus.

I think I'm comfortable right here. No need for concern.

This thread suits me just fine. I might suggest you institute your own personal "ignore feature" for it thereby enabling yourself to sleep well at night.

DEEP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B-3er, are you sure "groper" and "deep" are not one and the same? Remember, anyone can sign on using another's internet account, and deep isn't exactly a hermit.

Here we go...AND SO IT BEGINS!!

THE DEEP BASHERS ARE ON THE MOVE.

I can't believe that someone who purportedly wrote a book can't distinguish between the writing style of THE GROPER and DEEP.

Oh well, live and learn.

I think B-3 can tell that the ISP is not mine. I think there are a couple instances where THE GROPER and DEEP were actually posting lengthy Rodomontades within seconds of each other but...that would take an intelligeNt being to look at the post times to discern whether they are one in the same.

WHEW!! :rolleyes:

DEEP

I have nothing against this thread here ... so no DEEP bashing from my side. Everyone is here at his/her own risk (that goes for patricia as well, I would think) and it should be clear to everyone who enters here.

I just wouldn't like it to spill over.

Cheers!

D...62,

CLASP !!

I just don't get it as to why CHRISTIERN can't grasp that concept. He struts, and frets, and stomps his keyboard about Bush's policiy in Iraq yet he can't leave a few kindred spirits alone on a secluded thread.

Maybe he oughta practice a little of what he preaches. I think I'm gettin' a better understanding of how the Iraqi people feel as a result of CHRISTIERN'S inability to resist searchig for and pointing out DEEP WMDs (which are non-existant). He can't seem to get past the DEEP/THE GROPER fixation. Man, I'd hate to have him in the oval office. I mean, with the bare minimum of intelligence and a liitle creative investigation he SHOULD be able to examine the post times of THE GROPER and DEEP to determine that he's shovelling shit against the tide with his relentless puling.

Some people would complain if you hanged'em with a NEW ROPE. (If the noose fits.......)

DEEP

(I do believe I'm forever condemned to limit my posting to this thread exclusively. I can only speculate as to how the PULERS will try to "Liberate" me from the tyranny wrought upon me)

I have nothing against this thread here ... so no DEEP bashing from my side. Everyone is here at his/her own risk (that goes for patricia as well, I would think) and it should be clear to everyone who enters here.

Cheers!

Word.

Catesta,

I've seen people post "Word" by itself and am puzzled by it's meaning. Shorthand for......???

B-3er,

Thanks for the personal welcome. I've just come back from another thread hereabouts that concerns politics. I'd tell you which one, but then I'd lose track of this present post. (I don't call myself "The Groper" for nothing; the computer is still an alien device to me.)

I'm a little baffled about these accusations that DEEP and I are one and the same. There's a certain similarity to our politics, but our styles are totally different. I really didn't visit this site to engage in "dirty talk." I was surfing (awkwardly) last week and discovered a jazz BB. Seeing that it wasn't limited to music only, I've participated because it's lively, provocative and humorous. DEEP unloads on everyone, particularly me this morning, so I take that as a backhanded compliment. I feel comfortable with the badinage, so let's not be prudish--OK, Master of All He Surveys?

What can you say except that Christiern's simply paranoid. I'd tell everyone how to prove that DEEP and I aren't the same, but I don't know how that works, technologically speaking. And, as I said on that other thread, I think we all are freed up by a minimal degree of anonymity. Let's just play it as it lays.

Patty, I've got a teenager who uses "word" and tried to define it to me. I don't get it, but think it's something like our generation's original use of "like," vaguely affirmative, I guess.

It's tough getting old and square.

Re the "Prude" reference:

CHRISTIERN is purported to have written a book on the life and times of BESSIE SMITH. Now, BESSIE was probably one of the first celebrities, if not THE first, in the 1st quarter of the 20th Century who was capable of using the word "FUCK" seven times in a thirteen word sentence. I wonder how many times the word appears in his supposedly real life profile of this "BLUES" singer.

In short: CHRISTIERN'S incessant puling on this thread is commensurate to a virtual liberal house organ (the kind with bellows). He is so God Damned concerned for the sensibilities of Organissimo posters it's nauseating.

BUT...try to put a Nativity display on public property at CHRISTMAS and his puling will take on the character of an earthquate of 7.5 on the Richter Scale.

Man...I WISH THE FUCK *HE* WOULD JUMP THREAD AND LET US GET ON WITH SOME FUN...BUT ALAS...THAT'S *NOT* HIS M.O.

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Deep,

you know, I wouldn't mind if you contributed to the other threads and keep the, err, stuff in here. The reasons are simple:

a) I did buy your CD releases (I thought I should contribute to that next piano of yours and at least a cent or two to the next mistress as well ... think of me, when you, er, you know). The drumming is, of course, excellent and I enjoy it very much. The rest is damn good as well.

B) There's lots of knowledge in you which I wouldn't mind seeing some of in the other threads. Your choice of course, if you want to limit yourself to other stuff.

c) I like words like modus operandi.

Cheers!

I just don't get it as to why CHRISTIERN can't grasp that concept. He struts, and frets, and stomps his keyboard about Bush's policiy in Iraq yet he can't leave a few kindred spirits alone on a secluded thread.

DEEP and GROPE are definitely different people. They write in different styles.

Chris: you can't just condemn newcomers on the board just because they happen to support Bush. This is taking politics too seriously.

I think GROPE is a welcome addition to our board.

B-3er,

Thanks for the personal welcome. I've just come back from another thread hereabouts that concerns politics. I'd tell you which one, but then I'd lose track of this present post. (I don't call myself "The Groper" for nothing; the computer is still an alien device to me.)

I'm a little baffled about these accusations that DEEP and I are one and the same. There's a certain similarity to our politics, but our styles are totally different. I really didn't visit this site to engage in "dirty talk." I was surfing (awkwardly) last week and discovered a jazz BB. Seeing that it wasn't limited to music only, I've participated because it's lively, provocative and humorous. DEEP unloads on everyone, particularly me this morning, so I take that as a backhanded compliment. I feel comfortable with the badinage, so let's not be prudish--OK, Master of All He Surveys?

GROPE,

I believe that B-3er came in to remind everyone that he is still the guy in charge. He has admirably allowed a lot of freedom and when things appear to be getting out of hand a bit, he simply reminds everyone to cool down a bit. I see nothing wrong or awkward about that at all.

Where else you going to find a board moderator like that?

DEEP is fine in his thread, but we don't need to read about group sex or gang rapes or whatever. That's all. (Thanks Patty for being the first to voice your reservations on that.)

Carry on... :w

Patty, I've got a teenager who uses "word" and tried to define it to me. I don't get it, but think it's something like our generation's original use of "like," vaguely affirmative, I guess.

It's tough getting old and square.

Thanks. I have a teenager too and she says much the same thing, though she does have a better command of plain English than many of her friends do.

If there's one thing for which I'm grateful to my mother, it was her sparse use of slang. For one thing, it dates you.

Mother objected to common base vernaculars as well, not because they shocked her, but because she maintained that they betrayed a lack of imagination. Far better to think about what you actually want to say and pinpoint that with language.

The advantage is that you never have to wonder if your language will be acceptable, no matter where you are. I like that.

CHRISTIERN is purported to have written a book on the life and times of BESSIE SMITH. Now, BESSIE was probably one of the first celebrities, if not THE first, in the 1st quarter of the 20th Century who was capable of using the word "FUCK" seven times in a thirteen word sentence. I wonder how many times the word appears in his supposedly real life profile of this "BLUES" singer.

In short: CHRISTIERN'S incessant puling on this thread is commensurate to a virtual liberal house organ (the kind with bellows). He is so God Damned concerned for the sensibilities of Organissimo posters it's nauseating.

BUT...try to put a Nativity display on public property at CHRISTMAS and his puling will take on the character of an earthquate of 7.5 on the Richter Scale.

Man...I WISH THE FUCK *HE* WOULD JUMP THREAD AND LET US GET ON WITH SOME FUN...BUT ALAS...THAT'S *NOT* HIS M.O.

DEEP

Gotta defend Chris a little here, DEEP.

I don't think he is a prude or anything.

However, he has definitely not taken a liking to the harmless and hapless GROPE. Maybe it's because he thinks you guys are twins..

BTW, that comment about Bessie Smith's use of the word, "Fuck." is really funny. :g

DEEP and GROPE are definitely different people.  They write in different styles.

Oh.

And just for the sake of argument (besides the fact that there are quite a few similarities in style), that makes them two people?

Interesting theory. ;)

Cheers!

I really don't think they are the same person, do you? :blink:

I really don't think they are the same person, do you?  :blink:

Oh, I'm not so sure. The man has humour, he isn't dumb, etc., and to be quite honest, I've done the same kind of thing elsewhere once or twice.

Call it an intellectual challenge. :rolleyes:

Or just a game. :unsure:

Cheers.

Don't impute your criminal ways on others... ;)

:)

Conn500,

As usual, you are the voice of reason. I certainly don't want to trash B-3er's property (?) or sensibilities, BUT-- how you gonna keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree? I love this place; NO CENSORSHIP! Is this some kind of HOMEWORK assignment? "Now, class, I want you to write an essay on JAZZ, nothing else. Points will be DEDUCTED for inappropriate comments. Points will be AWARDED for political correctness and 'tastefulness'..." Bleeeaaah!

DEEP,

So who's really selling suppositories? Thanks for clue-ing me in to the picture of Bessie near Christiern's name. HE's selling something, YOU'RE selling something, B-3er's selling something. My amateur status is intact.

Did I reference the term "prude" anywhere? I don't think so. Be that as it may, I don't know how many times the word you seem so fond of appears in my book, but here, for your deep perusal are a series of brief excerpts. Should you be wanting for more, the book is available at better book sellers everywhere:

• Bessie’s calm was deliberate and effective. “Did that fucker say something to me?” she asked softly, but before anyone could respond, she jumped the intruder and brought her clenched fists down on his head.

• According to Ruby, Bessie shouted: “What the fuck you think you’re doin’? I’ll get the whole damn tent out here if I have to. You just pick up them sheets and run!”

• Telling the pianist to play a blues, Ruby, then in her mid-seventies, delivered—with all the gusto and sensuality Bessie had taught her—a song called “I’ve Got Ten Tons of Pussy.” The crowd went wild. “Them gay guys loved me,” she said as she reported the incident to me in one of her wee hour phone calls. “They had themselves some fag hags, honey, but they had never come across anything like me. I turned out the place, and that tacky drag queen took off!”

• When the show was over, I said to Bessie in her dressing room, ‘I don’t like it, he took it too quietly.’ Bessie said, ‘Fuck him, he is getting paid to do his job, black or white he is suppose to do the right thing by every act.’

• Well, Bessie overheard that woman talking about her like shit, and so she hit her in the mouth.

• Shouting “What the fuck are y’all pullin’ me all over the damn place for?,” she threw her arms in the air and this time almost knocked Ruby and Porter to the floor.

• “She was the opposite of Bessie,” said Ruby, making no secret of her disdain for Ms. Saunders. “She had light skin and long curly hair and a gorgeous figure, and she knew it. In fact, she thought her shit didn’t stink. All she was capable of doing was looking cute and turning up her hairy ass. There was a chick that had hairs on her chest.

• Although the flat’s most popular attraction that season seemed to be a young man who expertly made love to another man, Bessie was most intrigued by an obese lady who performed an amazing trick with a lighted cigarette, then repeated it in the old-fashioned way with a Coca-Cola bottle. “She was real great,” said Ruby, “she could do all them things with her pussy—an educated pussy, you know.” Bessie, being a Southerner, was, of course, inordinately fond of Coca-Cola.

• “I don’t give a fuck,” she retorted, not bothering to lower her voice, “and if you don’t like it, kiss my black ass and give me my drops.”

• Bessie yelled, “What the fuck do you think you’re doin’?” and followed up with a barrage of curses that rang through the backstage area.

• “Viola did some terrible things to Bessie,” said Maud. “If she did something bad, she’d punish her by keeping her locked up in the outhouse all night.” Ruby confirmed this, recalling that Bessie used tell people that she “was raised in a shit house.”

• “Bessie screamed ‘Get the fuck away from me!’ and she pushed her arms out, throwing the poor woman to the floor. Then she said ‘I ain’t never heard of such shit!’—and poor Porter, he would have done anything to be with that crowd, but now Bessie had done shown her ass to all them people. I felt so sorry for him.”

• To see them, dancing with a man, you would say, ‘Look at that man dancing with that beautiful woman, and he had his dick strapped down so tight, that it looked like a fat pussy instead of a dick.’

• “Squeeze Me” appears to have its origin in an X-rated ditty called “The Boy in the Boat” (the title is a euphemism for clitoris). Fats Waller reworked it and presented it to his music publisher, Clarence Williams, as “Boston Blues.”

• ...and hollered, in a voice that could be heard clear across 125th Street: “I’m the star of the show, I’m Bessie Smith, and these fuckin’ bastards won’t let me have my money.”

• “I couldn’t even go to New York and record without you fuckin’ around with these damn chorus bitches. Well, I’m gonna make you remember me today.”

• “I ain’t never heard of such shit,” said Bessie, using one of her favorite expressions, and walked back to where her prop boys stood. “And as for you, you ain’t nothin’ but a bunch of sissies.”

BTW You will also find these terms in an interview I did with Miles Davis, but the magazine, The Saturday Review,gave me a quota on such words, so I hope you understand that I was severely restricted. However, when it came to Bessie, Yale U. Press gave me free rein. Have you any further conjectures to make?

Word is like saying YES ! or RIGHT ON.

One might say (after an earlier post praising the thread): " WORD ! This thread is THE BOMB!"

Hey Harold!! Almost exactly the definition my daughter gave me. Variation to your example, "Da Bomb". She did, however tell me not to use any of them in conversation. As if I had to be told. I thought she was going to choke on her juice, the morning after some awards show in which rap groups were given awards. I asked her what they were saying and what the gestures [me demonstrating my version] meant. She begged me not to ever do that again, especially if her friends were watching.

Conn,

My objection to the later modified post you mentioned came from a rather disturbing personal expecience.

No, I've never been raped, but I have been terrified, through my own stupidity. I was in highschool and was dating a big-deal basketball player. There was a hill, overlooking the city, where the kids went to park. We were there and, suddenly, this person I trusted, lunged at me and grasped me around the neck and choked me, for no apparant reason. I was helpless and thought I was going to die. I was never so afraid in my life. I'm not a very big person and I was totally helpless. I was never alone with him again, in fact never talked to him again. I didn't tell anyone, because, quite frankly, I felt stupid for putting myself in that situation. My father had always told me to trust no one, until they proved they could be trusted and I blamed myself. I didn't tell him because I thought he would be angry at me. Looking back, I suspect that Dad's first reaction would have been to go directly to this kid's house, carrying his hunting rifle with him. Dad was always very protective of his only daughter. As it was, he never knew.

In any case, this story has an ironic twist, much like the one recounted earlier, to which you refer. That kid grew up to be a respected member of the community, and served as an alderman for several years. I always think that I'm the only one who knows who he really is, though I suspect that I'm not.

So, gang-rape is not an amusing, unique way to let somebody know that they are superfluous to your happiness. It's the ultimate expression of contempt for not just the woman involved, but all women.

Group sex, while not my thing, is a choice. That was the point I think I made.

Edited by patricia

Cheers!

Word.

Catesta,

I've seen people post "Word" by itself and am puzzled by it's meaning. Shorthand for......???

Patricia, It's kind of an old slang term for "I agree".

Christiern,

I made the reference to "prudish" in responding to B-3er's "welcome." DEEP seems to have mistakenly attributed it to you. You've demonstrated overwhelmingly to me, at least, that you are no prude. Can you see any evidence in these various posts that I am not DEEP? Conn500 said it best, though it hurts to admit, I am "harmless and hapless." Wanna pile on with "feckless?"