Black Saint/Soul Note Box Sets

romualdo

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

prices on amazon.fr just dove ... and cheap me put in his orders (still missing all but the Muhal from the previous batch though):

Bley (26€)

Cyrille (19€)

Farmer (18€)

Lake (18€)

and:

Gaslini (24€)

the two I really wanted to get soon were the Bley and Gaslini, but dammit, the Cyrille and the Lake look mighty good, too (and I don't know any of them but the ones with Cyrille and Lyons - there they made a weird omission ... and hey, here's one where I can listen and see if I can hear how these new remasters destroy all the music ;))

Oh, the Murray is down to 19€, too - but not in stock at the moment (didn't order it yet)

prices on amazon.fr just dove ... and cheap me put in his orders (still missing all but the Muhal from the previous batch though):

Bley (26€)

Cyrille (19€)

Farmer (18€)

Lake (18€)

and:

Gaslini (24€)

the two I really wanted to get soon were the Bley and Gaslini, but dammit, the Cyrille and the Lake look mighty good, too (and I don't know any of them but the ones with Cyrille and Lyons - there they made a weird omission ... and hey, here's one where I can listen and see if I can hear how these new remasters destroy all the music ;))

Oh, the Murray is down to 19€, too - but not in stock at the moment (didn't order it yet)

What a bargain!!

I've just ordered the Lake (15.39E), Gaslini (19.8E), Bley (18.9E), Cyrille (16.25E) & Farmer (15.03E) - with the bulk buy the shipping comes down to 3.50 euros per box (to Australia) plus the VAT reduction

Thanks for the tip - don't use Amazon France very often

So, the Bley & Cyrille are temporarily unavailable...do the comma moves back when they come back in stock, or does it stay put, it and the numbers it rode in on?

It's hard enough to trust an out-of-place comma when the transaction is instantly do-able, harder still to play the "maybe...we'll see" game with one, especially one that's in a number with a dollar sign that looks like an "E" instead of an "S".

Home come I can't just buy records at a Firestone store, like in the old good days? Tires, I'll only need on occasion, but records? Always. Make your money by the day, not by the tire. What has gone adrift with you, oh world that is wrong? What ind,eed? You arst in need of an alignment, all four of you.

Not sure, I'd guess if you order now, you'll get them to this price once they'll be back in stock.

But I don't really have any experience on how Amazon handles such cases ... most of them are out of stock by now.

That's how Amazon USA handles it, so I would think that would be the case here.

So, the Bley & Cyrille are temporarily unavailable...do the comma moves back when they come back in stock, or does it stay put, it and the numbers it rode in on?

It's hard enough to trust an out-of-place comma when the transaction is instantly do-able, harder still to play the "maybe...we'll see" game with one, especially one that's in a number with a dollar sign that looks like an "E" instead of an "S".

Home come I can't just buy records at a Firestone store, like in the old good days? Tires, I'll only need on occasion, but records? Always. Make your money by the day, not by the tire. What has gone adrift with you, oh world that is wrong? What ind,eed? You arst in need of an alignment, all four of you.

"Records"? You must be old! :rolleyes: And I miss cutout bins!

Silly question, or maybe not. I have been itching to pull the trigger on the Muhal Richard Abrams BS/SN box for a while. But on Amazon it is consistently more expensive than nearly every other box in this series. For example, a new MRA box can only be purchased for $43.08, whereas a new Dixon box can be purchased for $31.72, a new Braxton box for $28.40 and a new Pullen box for $24.87. Is there any place to get the MRA box for a lower price?

Just got a mail from amazon.fr regarding the Murray - giving estimated arrival date as Nov. 2, so they probably expect it to be in stock by end of October.

@alankin: amazon.de seems to have the best prices currently (i.e. the Bley for 41€), but since it's all out of stock at this moment, I'd just wait and watch what happens (though I had no luck with that strategy as far as the previous batch is concerned, still miss the Hemphill, Douglas, Adams and one more ... the Lewis? Got to check at home, I've been buying these faster than I listen).

Here's the Bley (not in stock):

http://www.amazon.de/Paul-Bley-9-Albums/dp/B00DQF1YRE/

The best offer for the Gaslini and Cyrille are currently from Germany, too (but both not in stock):

http://www.amazon.de/Giorgio-Gaslini-11-Albums/dp/B00E8KC5N8/

http://www.amazon.de/Andrew-Cyrille-7-Albums/dp/B00DQF1XXY

as for the Murray, Lake and Farmer (the later two are even still in stock) amazon.fr still has the low price:

http://www.amazon.fr/Albums-Musiciens-David-Murray-Tsax/dp/B00DQF1X3O/

http://www.amazon.fr/Oliver-Lake-7-Albums/dp/B00DQF1YSS/

http://www.amazon.fr/Art-Farmer-6-Albums/dp/B00DQF1WP8/

But again, they're mostly out of stock currently - and I know nothing about possible US sources for these.