Ahmad Jamal and Carter/Bradford Mosaics can be pre-ordered

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. I've been working my way backwards through this set (Not too long ago I listened to to cd versions of this material chronologically forwards, so I wanted to do this one differently) and I have to say the sound quality is superb. Dynamic, full. I have most of this material on both cd and lp, and I am pretty sure this is the release of the material I'll grab to listen to from now on.

The music is just so so good.

Haven't gotten my Jamal set yet. :angry:

gregmo

Same here. Mine was sent on the 21st via UPS, left Secaucus, N.J. on the 22nd and disappeared into the void. Guess us we're paying the price for living out here on the left coast..

Thanks for posting this Dave. It makes me feel a LITTLE better that I'm not the only one!

gregmo

Finally received my copy on Monday. It was my first every Mosaic purchase and I'm enjoying it immensely. What a beautiful and handsome package/box with a definitive mastering of the Jamal Trio output.

Great set to start on. Could be the start of an expensive but excellent habit ! :):tup

Greg,

Just checked UPS tracking and my set is actually out of delivery today. Hope your's is as well or will be shortly. Seems to me UPS delivery even from across the country used to be a lot faster than it is now. I suppose, given Mosaic's recent financial woes, that they probably have opted for the least expensive UPS S&H option available. When the Mosaic operation first began, they worked out of Charlie Lourie's house in, if memory serves, San Jose, California. Sure wish they'd never moved.

A question for those who got the Jamal set - how many jewel cases does it have, and are there any "fatboy" cases? I need this info before ordering he sett, to estimate how much room they take up (I keep the boxes apart).

Greg,

Just checked UPS tracking and my set is actually out of delivery today. Hope your's is as well or will be shortly. Seems to me UPS delivery even from across the country used to be a lot faster than it is now. I suppose, given Mosaic's recent financial woes, that they probably have opted for the least expensive UPS S&H option available. When the Mosaic operation first began, they worked out of Charlie Lourie's house in, if memory serves, San Jose, California. Sure wish they'd never moved.

Thanks Dave. I emailed Mosaic to get a tracking number (it wasn't on my notification of shipping email). Maybe it'll come tomorrow. Hope springs eternal!

gregmo

I got both sets mid-week last week just as I was starting my vacation. I'll be listening to it today at work.

Looks like Fed-Ex Ground does a better job than UPS. I'll be ordering that option from now on. No damage.

BTW, I was surprised my serial number was so high (mid 500's) given that I ordered one day after it popped up on the web site. Must be a good seller.

Got my Jamal box today. Weirdly, UPS delivered it to the post office instead of to my house, and there was a small snafu with my mail. I assume Mosaic is saving money by having it delivered by UPS to local post offices and then having them deliver it to houses? I've never heard of that before. Or have we discussed that somewhere, and I've missed it?! :unsure:

gregmo

Dear All, I produced the Mosaic Carter Bradford material and would be very interested in any comments or suggestions for the future regarding it. I plan to put out other similar material including the Flying Dutchman material, Bill Dixon Intents and Purposes, Hemphill Dogon A.D (have the master tapes here now), Jeremy Steig Flute Fever, and so on.

Your interest as expressed here on the site is so appreciated.

Jonathan Horwich

Dear All, I produced the Mosaic Carter Bradford material and would be very interested in any comments or suggestions for the future regarding it. I plan to put out other similar material including the Flying Dutchman material, Bill Dixon Intents and Purposes, Hemphill Dogon A.D (have the master tapes here now), Jeremy Steig Flute Fever, and so on.

Your interest as expressed here on the site is so appreciated.

Jonathan Horwich

Welcome to the Board! Delighted to have you here!

gregmo

I have had some bad experience with the delivery of my Ahmad Jamal Mosaic. When I originally received the package last Saturday, the box was crushed. When Mosaic was shipping their box sets directly, they would always fill the box with Styrofoam packing peanuts or plastic bubble wrap.

Since they have outsourced the shipping and delivery to 3PL, my box came half empty with just one thin piece of bubble wrap. My Mosaic box was damaged and the lid also had a mis-print to boot! Unfortunately the lid of the box has a sizable crease in the side, and, as a result, the printing was crooked. Very unlike Mosaic from my experience.

I called Customer Service who agreed to send out a replacement box. That replacement shipment arrived on Thursday, and, you guessed it, the shipping box was also damaged. Good news: the Mosaic box was not damaged. Bad news: they sent me the Jazz Crusaders box as a replacement rather than Ahmad Jamal.

After my second long distance call to Mosaic on Friday, they promised to rectify the problem and send me a replacement Ahmad Jamal box. Hopefully, the third time is a charm! I am surprised that they did not offer any apologies for my troubles. Makes you wonder about their Customer Service and how much they value their clientele.

Oh well…

LWayne