Hammond XK3C / Leslie 122xb

Keydad

Hello all,

New to the forum and organ playing.

I recently purchased an XK3C and am wanting to add a Leslie. I'm considering a 122xb. Does any one have this combination and if so are you happy with it. Will it give a realistic B3/122 sound.

Are there any other combos with a XK that work from mellow to that famous gliss growl !?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

P S when is organissimo going to come to the Pacific Northwest

The best Leslie for the XK3c is the new 3300, in my opinion. If you replace the stock tube with a 12AT7, you can get that nice 122-style grunge and tone from it without blowing your ears out. And if you want to blow your ears out, it's 300 watts and has headroom for days. I love mine. Check out my review: http://www.organissimo.org/3300review_1.htm

In the review I mention some issues with the upper driver. Those have been solved. Mine has been rock solid since I put in the new pre-amp board, which is now standard on the 3300.

As for organissimo coming to the Pacific Northwest, it seems we keep getting people asking us about that. Hopefully it will happen one day; I had a line on the Vancouver Jazz Festival this year but it didn't pan out. However, I will be in Seattle and Portland next month with blues singer Janiva Magness. www.janivamagness.com Hope you can come out!

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Keydad, have you had chance to buy that leslie yet? I am considering buying one too. Cheers.

Sorry for the late reply.

The Leslie 122 is on the back burner, while I was saving my pennies to buy one I inherited an M2 from my teacher and got bit by the "i have to have a real hammond bug" and ended up buying a 1936 +/- hammond model A with a leslie 31h tall boy. My dinning room now looks like a small Hammond museum. The smell of old Hammond oil in the air is better that any room de-oderizer you can buy!

I love my XK3C and after making some changes to the settings it almost sounds identical to the A.

As for the Leslie for the XK, I will probably follow Jim Alfredson's advice and buy a Leslie 3300. I like the idea of it's size and portability and power

Regards.