2010 MLB Season

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, incredible--I never would have predicted that the Giants would score 5 runs off Lee and chase him before the end of the 5th. Jsngry, I wonder if the long layoff (8 days' rest) threw him off his rhythm somewhat.

The vibe of that San Francisco crowd, too! Watching the Giants against both the Braves and the Phillies, I found myself really admiring SF's fans, and again so tonight.

Darren O'Day is just no good. Period.

I don't think it was the long layoff that affected Lee, I think it was just time for him to have an off night And boy did he... How much did the Yankees pay him to tank like that? :g Then again, maybe the Giants are getting all their Series runs in one game. A man can dream, can't he?

Seriously, one way or the another, this will have to be a character-building night of humiliation for the Rangers. If it's not, then they're not the team I had hoped them to be.

Darren O'Day is just no good. Period.

I don't think it was the long layoff that affected Lee, I think it was just time for him to have an off night And boy did he... How much did the Yankees pay him to tank like that? :g Then again, maybe the Giants are getting all their Series runs in one game. A man can dream, can't he?

Seriously, one way or the another, this will have to be a character-building night of humiliation for the Rangers. If it's not, then they're not the team I had hoped them to be.

Assuming the Giants hold on to win tonight, I think this will be a tougher loss to bounce back from than the 8th-inning collapse against the Yankees in the ALCS. In that game Texas outplayed NY; tonight their ace got blown off the mound. Plus they'll be coming back for Game 2 still on the road & not in the friendly confines of Rangers Ballpark. So yeah, it'll be a tougher test than the ALCS, but they're at the ultimate level now. I'd say pretty much what I said after they lost Game 1 of the ALCS--focus on winning Game 2 and nothing else, because then you'll be headed back to Texas for three games in a row, including another start from Mr. Lee that will surely go much, much better than tonight's did.

Tweet from Jack Curry:

Freddy Sanchez is 3 for 3 off Cliff Lee, meaning he has more hits than the Yankees mustered in 8 innings off Lee in ALCS

Ouch!

This was the kind of game the Yankees needed to have in Game 3 of the ACLS--and clearly didn't have in them.

But hell, I wouldn't even write off Game 1 just yet. A couple of three-run shots would tie it...stranger things have happened in baseball.

EDIT: whoa! Now 8-4. Yep, don't write this one off just yet...

Edited by ghost of miles

I predict the Giants scoring 7 runs, and leading the Rangers 8-2 after 5...

I predict both starters out of the game before the end of 5 and a half!

tee hee! :P

Game 1 prediction: Giants 5 Rangers 2. Lee out by the 7th. Lincecum 8 innings. Wilson: Comes in to pitch the 9th for the save.

World Series: Giants 4 games Rangers 2.

I was at least in the ballpark...

Showoff. Where you sittin'?

I predict the Giants scoring 7 runs, and leading the Rangers 8-2 after 5...

I predict both starters out of the game before the end of 5 and a half!

tee hee! :P

Game 1 prediction: Giants 5 Rangers 2. Lee out by the 7th. Lincecum 8 innings. Wilson: Comes in to pitch the 9th for the save.

World Series: Giants 4 games Rangers 2.

I was at least in the ballpark...

Showoff. Where you sittin'?

game ain't over with that Rangers offense.