2010 MLB Season

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there you go, Ranger fans--your bullpen held (I doubt SF will want to see Feliz much more if they can help it) and you bagged your must-win game. What happens if you even it up tomorrow? You'll have Cliff Lee going for game 5 (you know he'll be back on form) and a good shot at taking a 3-2 lead back to San Francisco.

Jonathan Sanchez SUCKS.

Three bad starts in the playoffs...THREE?!? Apply any pressure and Sanchez caves in like a shore break sandcastle. A pathetic display of non-talent tonight.

Somebody needs to pull him aside and EXPLAIN to him where he is and what is at stake. Does he have any IDEA where he is and the history in SF here?

W-T-F is the matter with him anyway? He's useless, fer crissakes.

Trade him.

Now.

Wow.

Edited by GoodSpeak

You know Sangrey was sweating dropping those big bills on the game 5 tix....

Nah, it wasn't the bucks, not at all. Got them thru Stub Hub & as a "contingent event" would get a CC refund if Game 5 didn't get played...it was just the whole vibe of maybe being able taking my son to see our team play in the World Series. For a chance like that, money is a secondary consideration (but a consideration nevertheless, as any ticket for the game, even SRO, this evening was not even remotely practical for us, even with a credit card).

Of course, the possibility exists that we'll be going to a game that could see the Rangers lose the Series, but either way....Lee vs Lincecum with high stakes on the table no matter what...wow...

We'll both have memories of that that should last a lifetime. Money well spent, imho.

Nah, it wasn't the bucks, not at all. Got them thru Stub Hub & as a "contingent event" would get a CC refund if Game 5 didn't get played...it was just the whole vibe of maybe being able taking my son to see our team play in the World Series. For a chance like that, money is a secondary consideration (but a consideration nevertheless, as any ticket for the game, even SRO, this evening was not even remotely practical for us, even with a credit card).

Of course, the possibility exists that we'll be going to a game that could see the Rangers lose the Series, but either way....Lee vs Lincecum with high stakes on the table no matter what...wow...

We'll both have memories of that that should last a lifetime. Money well spent, imho.

I am so freaking envious. On a completely unrelated note: My mother's new heartthrob is Buster Posey, I mean, head-over-heals in love... :o

Look, what Wash did last night is typical Wash. Sometimes it works, sometimes it bites him in the ass. But that's his style and I give him credit for having the cajones for staying consistent against the massive outpouring of screams to do otherwise (I'm in that massive outpouring, BTW). Hell, it got him this far; at this point, I can't really argue with it anymore.

You know what i finally realized about Was this evening that should be obvious but in this day and age isn't? He ultimately puts the game in his players' hands & then...either you do or you don't, either you will or you won't. In an era of seemingly endless statistics governing damn near every aspect of our life, that's an almost dangerously funky old school way of looking at life, and especially at managing a baseball team. But if you're a player, and if you got skills and soul, I'd think that you gotta love being treated like a full grown man and not just a cog in somebody else's master plan. Take Darren O'Day - the guy had me ready to kill him, but...it's his gig, and after a couple of meltdowns, he comes in with two strong back-to-back appearances. Either you do or you don't, either you will or you won't. Because as does life, that's the way baseball go.

Of course, even at that....WTF was Vlad doing trying to steal 2nd with two out? I mean - HUH????? :g

I am so freaking envious. On a completely unrelated note: My mother's new heartthrob is Buster Posey, I mean, head-over-heals in love... :o

I feel blessed beyond description to have this opportunity. Still not sure I believe it's happening, and still won't believe that it did until it's over.

I suppose your mom's crush on Buster is understandable, I mean, he's got that classic "baby face" that moms love, but I'll tell you what - me myself, I have developed a serious baseball-lovecrush for Colby MF-in Lewis. You talk about stepping up in the big game and getting it done, this guy....man, talk about a hero...

Jonathan Sanchez SUCKS.

Three bad starts in the playoffs...THREE?!? Apply any pressure and Sanchez caves in like a shore break sandcastle. A pathetic display of non-talent tonight.

Somebody needs to pull him aside and EXPLAIN to him where he is and what is at stake. Does he have any IDEA where he is and the history in SF here?

Trade him.

Now.

Wow.

I'm sure about 29 teams will gladly take him off your hands.

It's two bad starts though, not 3.

10-10, 7 and a third innings, 1 run against the Braves.

10-17, 6 innnings, 2 earned runs against the Phils.

Jonathan Sanchez SUCKS.

Trade him.

Now.

Wow.

I'm sure about 29 teams will gladly take him off your hands.

It's two bad starts though, not 3.

10-10, 7 and a third innings, 1 run against the Braves.

10-17, 6 innnings, 2 earned runs against the Phils.

Statistics don't tell the whole story, Berigan.

He was hanging more stuff than a clerk at a dry cleaner. And Jeremy Affeldt had to bail his ass out in that Phillies game. Remember the ball throwing incident? Get inside his head and he's done.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Expanded Playoffs??

Me no likey. Not one bit.

Ugh, me neither. He won't consider expanded replay but he's all eager to expand the playoffs? :blink:

On the Series, great performance by San Francisco's pitchers again--no room for error on Texas' part now. They're in a tough hole, even with Lee pitching Game 5, what with the last two potential games in San Francisco.

Edited by ghost of miles

Hey, Bumgarner showed up in a BIG way. Fullest kudos and props to a young man who was impressive as hell.

Tomorrow...I just asked my son what he wanted to do if the Rangers lost tomorrow night and he didn't hesitate in saying that he wanted to stick around for the post-game ceremonies because, "how often do you get to be in the stadium when a World Series champ gets crowned?"

Right answer!

The MadBum Strikes!

2a2244f956a6e051965afb7fb5d1f986-getty-105237615cc128_san_francisc.jpg

Pretty amazing performance tonight. Just think, the Giants have Posey, Lincecum, Cain, and Baumgartner, all about the same age on this team. It could be a very special Giants club for years to come.

Pretty incredible and downright scary for the rest of the NL. Now if their owners will spend the money to keep them all and surround them w/ some better hitting....

Expanded Playoffs??

Ugh, me neither. He won't consider expanded replay but he's all eager to expand the playoffs? :blink:

Hey - I remember the controversy when divisional play began, how it was destroying the purity of the game, the stats, how you either have the best record in the league and are its champs or you don't and you aren't, and imagine the DISGRACE of having a team with a lesser record go to the Series. Same arguments came up with the addition of Wild Card rounds.

They're long enough as it is. The game is based on an almost supernaturally perfect concept of symmetry. Leave it be lest that symmetry be pushed past the point of no return..

Expanded Playoffs??

Me either.

Bud Selig is an idiot.

The MadBum Strikes!

2a2244f956a6e051965afb7fb5d1f986-getty-105237615cc128_san_francisc.jpg

Pretty amazing performance tonight. Just think, the Giants have Posey, Lincecum, Cain, and Baumgartner, all about the same age on this team. It could be a very special Giants club for years to come.

Pretty incredible and downright scary for the rest of the NL. Now if their owners will spend the money to keep them all and surround them w/ some better hitting....

If the owners are OK with making Zito the highest priced cheerleader in MLB history, I think they will pop for the money, IMHO.

Hey, Bumgarner showed up in a BIG way. Fullest kudos and props to a young man who was impressive as hell.

Agree all the way. Sometimes all you can say is simply "Wow!"

Certainly not looking good for our guys, but hey, when have we EVER had to choose between trick-or-treating and a Ranger game? I'm still giddy about the notion of a Rangers game in November. November!!! Usually by this time, we've forgotten all about the Rangers and instead are focusing all our energies on why the Cows stink. Well, the Cows still stink but we got a much better thing to be focused on now!

And for that alone, I say "Thank you, Rangers!"