...And His Mother Called Him Bill, RCA-Victor Europe Issue

colinmce

The OOP Bluebird edition of this goes for big bucks, but this Euro version is available on the cheap. Any reason why I shouldn't spring for this much cheaper edition? An Amazon review suggests problems, but that's just one person, so I don't know how much stock I should put into that.

I don't know which European version you're referring to, but I had a French remaster that came out years ago and I didn't like the sound, to my ears it was too "pumped up" and harsh. I prefer the Bluebird; sorry to hear it's OOP and expensive now.

Bought the original RCA LP when it was issued. Years later bought the Bluebird CD for the extra tracks, but traded or sold it because it didn't sound good to my ears. Finally bought a Speakers Corner LP reissue a few years ago - pricey, but sounds better than the original LP, which had some reverb added. Never having heard it, I can't comment on the French reissue.

But - great music, no matter what form you get it in.

Edited by paul secor

Bought the original RCA LP when it was issued. Years later bought the Bluebird CD for the extra tracks, but traded or sold it because it didn't sound good to my ears. Finally bought a Speakers Corner LP reissue a few years ago - pricey, but sounds better than the original LP, which had some reverb added. Never having heard it, I can't comment on the French reissue.

Great music indeed.

What didn't you like about the Bluebird? I haven't listened to it in ages.

Great music indeed.

What didn't you like about the Bluebird? I haven't listened to it in ages.

It's been so long since I had it, I can't really remember. Just recall that the original LP was much easier on my ears, & now that's been bettered by the Speakers Corner LP, at least imo.