Sting the douche bag.

Dmitry

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/04/13/rocker-sting-stung-controversy-secret-concert-dictator/

“I am well aware of the Uzbek president's appalling reputation in the field of human rights as well as the environment. I made the decision to play there in spite of that. I have come to believe that cultural boycotts are not only pointless gestures, they are counter-productive, where proscribed states are further robbed of the open commerce of ideas and art and as a result become even more closed, paranoid and insular."

Who are fucking kidding, dude? You got 2 million for that gig. What's the word for 'asshole'..in 'proper' English?

Edited by Dmitry

When I read the first post, my initial reaction was "that is an understandable and justifiable position." But I assumed that he must of played a large open concert for the country.

Then I saw from the article that it was a private concert for Karimov's daughter. And he has the nerve to justify that as bringing culture to Uzbekistan! Yea, right! The Uzbeks didn't even know he was there, but Karimov's daughter, despite traveling wherever she wants whenever she wants on her own jet, would have been deprived of the cultural richness of the world if people like Sting would refuse to play private concerts for her.

Douche bag is putting it mildly.

Musically, I have never really gotten Sting either. I still really like the song, "Every Step You Take." The rest leaves me cold.

What's the word for 'asshole'..in 'proper' English?

Pretty sure it's not 'proper' English and apologies if it offends anyone but "self important wanker" is the phrase most commonly used in this part of London.

What a silly phrase. What could possibly be more important to the self than wanking?

What's the word for 'asshole'..in 'proper' English?

Pretty sure it's not 'proper' English and apologies if it offends anyone but "self important wanker" is the phrase most commonly used in this part of London.

What a silly phrase. What could possibly be more important to the self than wanking?

maybe true. I'd say it all depends on how much you think about it rolleyes.gif

Actually I'm saying that *while wanking*, self-regard is paramount.

Therefore "self-important wanker" is tautologous.

Yes, Dan, I did realise that's what you meant. Thanks anyway for taking the time to provide further clarification.

Never has a throw away comment of mine been so analysed. Apologies for the tautology. I will be carefully mindful of what I type from now on ...

now, back to Sting....

Hey, he sang he 'hoped the Russians loved their children too." He never said he cared a twat about the Uzbekian children. Let 'em pick cotton, he needs his money to free his mind of financial worries to better concentrate on maintaining a 5 hour boner.