Faith

jostber

Oh man--I may have to shell out for "Faith." "The Giant Is Awakened" is one of my all time favorite albums, and Everett Brown Jr. just kills it on that one. On the quintet album, and also Sonny's Dream, he is the epitome of propulsion--the exact middle ground between Rashied Ali and Max Roach. Whatever the case, Brown is a total monster, and any chance to hear him flutter and thrash away within the context of Horace's music is one I would rather not pass up.

Seems like Japanese Interplay has released 3 Horace Tapscott albums recently: "Faith", "Autumn Colors", "Song Of The Unsung". Anyone heard these, and especially the "Faith" set with a string section?

http://www.dustygroove.com/item.php?id=xvcw9nsmmg&ref=index.php

I've just ordered 'Faith' from Hiroshi so I can't comment on that particular release, but the other two are excellent. 'Autumn Colors' has him in a trio whilst 'Song of the Unsung' has him playing solo.

• 6 months later...

The music on Faith is beautiful and the strings fit perfectly. In general, Tapscott has never disappointed me. If you like the music and the playing of Horace Tapscott, you must listen to it.

51umi4NmjmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Got a copy from Hiroshi when it first came out - a lovely session by this wonderful musician.

ABCJ-607.jpg

His latest re-release "Little Afrika" is currently winging its way to me from from Japan. I hope that's as good!

Edited by Head Man

The music on Faith is beautiful and the strings fit perfectly. In general, Tapscott has never disappointed me. If you like the music and the playing of Horace Tapscott, you must listen to it.

Got a copy from Hiroshi when it first came out - a lovely session by this wonderful musician.

ABCJ-607.jpg

His latest re-release "Little Afrika" is currently winging its way to me from from Japan. I hope that's as good!

these sound very interesting. Just checked Amazon.jp and Faith would cost £44 which is too much I'm afraid.

Now, I know Hiroshi is a name much referred to on the board but for a relative newcomer how does one order from him? Assuming it's cheaper than Amazon of course. Any hints appreciated. I checked the 'available from Hiroshi' thread but couldn't find any ordering details - is there a secrert handshake i have to learn?rolleyes.gif

ABCJ-607.jpg

these sound very interesting. Just checked Amazon.jp and Faith would cost £44 which is too much I'm afraid.

Now, I know Hiroshi is a name much referred to on the board but for a relative newcomer how does one order from him? Assuming it's cheaper than Amazon of course. Any hints appreciated. I checked the 'available from Hiroshi' thread but couldn't find any ordering details - is there a secrert handshake i have to learn?rolleyes.gif

Hiroshi is 'Hiroshi Tanno' of earlyrecords. His website is:

earlyrecords

and I always contact him by e-mail at hiroshi@earlyrecords.com

I have used him for many years and have never had a problem.

The cost of the 'Little Afrika' CD was £23.36 including postage & packing. Expensive, I know, but the yen/£ rate is very poor at the moment and I would be very surprised if this CD ever gets a release outside Japan.

Why not send him an e-mail and ask whether the 'Faith' CD is still available and the price he would charge for getting it for you.

Edited by Head Man

ABCJ-607.jpg

Hiroshi is 'Hiroshi Tanno' of earlyrecords. His website is:

earlyrecords

and I always contact him by e-mail at hiroshi@earlyrecords.com

I have used him for many years and have never had a problem.

The cost of the 'Little Afrika' CD was £23.36 including postage & packing. Expensive, I know, but the yen/£ rate is very poor at the moment and I would be very surprised if this CD ever gets a release outside Japan.

Why not send him an e-mail and ask whether the 'Faith' CD is still available and the price he would charge for getting it for you.

Thanks very much. Will do