Hank Mobley

Must be your locals customs office - they never treated me that bad, only charged import tax. And if Mosaic includes an invoice (you must ask them to do so) they pre-calculate so the postman can collect it. 

If they treat you like this they're bastids. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(only arrived today because of German customs Nazis).

Hey, come on, that's not fair; they're only doing their job, they didn't make the rules.

Funny, that was also the excuse given by most of the....never mind.

My point is that accusing customs of acting like Nazis is way out of proportion and over the line. It's a nuisance when someone's foreign packages are mis-handled by customs, but crimes against humanity, war crimes and mass murder as committed by the Nazis are in a totally different class. Let's keep things in perspective.

O HAI I WUZ JOKIN

HERE IZ A LOLRUS LOLZ!1

1202744034lolrus.jpg

My point is that accusing customs of acting like Nazis is way out of proportion and over the line. It's a nuisance when someone's foreign packages are mis-handled by customs, but crimes against humanity, war crimes and mass murder as committed by the Nazis are in a totally different class. Let's keep things in perspective.

I got your point.

Still, I prefer to use that expression because everyone who read my complaint got my drift (at least I hope so). I've used it to describe a group of assholes (wankers, idiots, criminals; take your pick. ...)

If you always apply the term to "[...] crimes against humanity, war crimes and mass murder as committed by the Nazis [...]" exclusively, "Surfer Nazis Must Die" (US, 1987), to cite just one example, would then be a film about ... what?

Edited by neveronfriday

Mine is 7424 (ordered May 10th; (only arrived today because of German customs Nazis)).

Mine is #7442 and arrived today (ordered and shipped a month ago). No customs paid (after all we not famous for our efficient public servants here in Greece and the declared value did not justify any customs charging)... :rolleyes:

I don't hear the stray trumpet note at 4:00, not on my copy. Just hang breathing in between notes. What I do wonder about is the warm reverb on the "Quartet" session, in 1955 Rudy was still using spring reverb and this isn't it. Is this "warm" reverb on other CD/LP issues?

• 4 months later...

The stray trumpet note is now being attributed to an act of God, since it is otherwise impossible to explain. Replacement discs are in the pipeline.

I kid you not.

Huh? You mean everyone (all 7,479 of us) who purchased the set directly from Mosaic is due to receive the replacement disc?

• 3 months later...

Without warning, fanfare, or explanation, a replacement Disc 1 arrived yesterday. The glitch has been removed.

Shall we assume that Mosaic knows exactly which serial numbers were affected and will automatically send out replacements? I assume you in particular had been in contact with them over this issue.

Never knew about this issue before just now, and my Mosaics are all 1,000+ miles away at the moment (Washington DC), but I won't have access to them until at least May (back in KC working to get our house on the market).

Can anyone confirm if Mosaic does know which batches are defective? I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if I don't get a replacement, but I'm curious if there's some way for me to tell (remotely) if my set has one of the bad ones (I could have my wife look up the issue #).

Can anyone confirm if Mosaic does know which batches are defective?

Probably not. This appears to have been a very "stealth" issue, as when I first reported it they were skeptical. But I then included a mp3 rip of the "damaged" passage, & they emailed back that, sorry, they were going to send me a replacement disc right away but couldn't find any w/o the flaw. I'd then get periodic emails saying that they were totally befuddled by this & were working on getting a fix. The last one of those type emails was several months ago, and then, yesterday, out of nowhere, there the replacement disc was in the mailbox, raw. No note, no nothing, just a disc in a plain white folder shipped in a standard padded mailer.

So there must not have been very many discs affected, and there must not have been anybody reporting it to them, at least until I did. Either that or else they're a bunch of dirty stinking liars, which I do not believe to be the case.

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend I wrote Mosaic an email asking for a replacement disc for the stray trumpet note and to clear up the controversy over late numbered Mobley sets (7421, 7424, 7442), as documented in this thread. Here's Fred's response:

The booklets were sequentially numbered at time of purchase by our internal

warehouse. However last year, due to financial circumstance we outsourced

the fulfillment of orders. We prenumbered all of the booklets and sent them

to the warehouse and they are supposed to be used in sequential order which

is generally the case (though not with Mobley as you point out). 7421 is out

of order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...