<H4></H4>Featuring:

Joe Sample

Wilton Felder

Wayne Henderson

Nicklas Sample

Terrail Moody

Damian Harris

Yoshis oakland.

how many of you knew abt this? is this the 1st time in a longtime for this? will it tour, or is it a one off in the bay zone? i *HAVE* to catch this!!!

I mean, for real, where is Stix? Because Wayne was the first one to leave, and there were "rumors" about ruffled feathers over that amongst the rest over the years. Maybe everybody but Stix got over it?

Anyway, all the videos I can find of Terrail Moody are bashy drum solos, and who is Damian Harris other than the film guy?

Wilton Felder, though, that's the guy!

I mean, for real, where is Stix? Because Wayne was the first one to leave, and there were "rumors" about ruffled feathers over that amongst the rest over the years. Maybe everybody but Stix got over it?

Anyway, all the videos I can find of Terrail Moody are bashy drum solos, and who is Damian Harris other than the film guy?

Wilton Felder, though, that's the guy!

Not to name drop, but I know Stix -I've done some record projects with him. I'll try to either call or email him and find out whazzup.

• 4 weeks later...

So what are the reviews of this show? What kind of stuff did they play? (early? late? both? stuff from "solo" careers?) How did they sound? Like the Jazz Crusaders or the pale imitation after Henderson left? I'd be curious to catch one of their tour dates but I'd probably be a lot less interested if they were only playing the less jazzy stuff from the "Free As The Wind" era and later.

Edited by mikelz777

So has anyone here actually seen one of their reunion shows yet? If so, I'd really appreciate a review of the show.

While we wait for someone to (hopefully) chime in, please enjoy the following clips from the Frankly Jazz show.

Young Rabbits

Freedom Sound

Tortoise And The Hare

(The video is bad on this one. You get the reverse or "negative" of what it should be.)

A certain website had the "best" performances from one night's shows. The samples sounded OK but I couldn't be moved to join in.

Do you happen to have a link or the address?

Edited by mikelz777

Thanks for that link, I don't think I was aware of a Frankly Jazz youtube channel. I exchanged emails with Lance Evans, Frank Evans' son, when I stumbled across a website which was never expanded beyond the front page. Cool that he's sharing clips from his dad's show, just wish there were more.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...