NEW Junko Onishi - Musical Moments

tranemonk

For those of you who remember her.. a young extremely talented pianist from Japan who emerged in the mid 1990's. Her last main record was "Fragile," which was put out in 1999 and VERY unlike her previous releases...

She's back with a new CD.. and its slamming... :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I have almost of her stuff and have loved her. I caught her at the 1997 Montreal Jazz Festival in which she gave an amazing trio performance.. She apparently disappeared from the scene for 7 years and just came out with this one... (Got it as a Japanese import from tower.com)....

I'm a happy camper.....! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

You're saying that you "have loved her"...sounds kinda personal... ;) (TMI = Too Much Information)

Meant as attempted humor, but apparently didn't work. Sorry.

I dug the side she made w/J-Mac, and one of her other BN trio dates, forget which one..what's she been up to that she was disappeared for 7 years?

You're saying that you "have loved her"...sounds kinda personal... ;) (TMI = Too Much Information)

I dug the side she made w/J-Mac, and one of her other BN trio dates, forget which one..what's she been up to that she was disappeared for 7 years?

I have heard that she was very disappointed by recording industry. I do not know the details. But now she has come back.

For those of you who remember her.. a young extremely talented pianist from Japan who emerged in the mid 1990's. Her last main record was "Fragile," which was put out in 1999 and VERY unlike her previous releases...

She's back with a new CD.. and its slamming... :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

I have almost of her stuff and have loved her. I caught her at the 1997 Montreal Jazz Festival in which she gave an amazing trio performance.. She apparently disappeared from the scene for 7 years and just came out with this one... (Got it as a Japanese import from tower.com)....

I'm a happy camper.....! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Glad to hear that it's a good 'un! I ordered mine from Hiroshi a few weeks ago & have just heard that it's on it's way. Like you, I have enjoyed all her previous albums so I'm really looking forward to hearing this.

Getting over the end of her relationship with tm?

;)

Tranemonk, please let me correct you. Musical Moments was released on August 2009 and I strongly recommend.

img4b972c28zik5zj.jpeg

I knew that.. but to my knowledge its just working its way stateside now...

Tranemonk, please let me correct you. Musical Moments was released on August 2009 and I strongly recommend.

img4b972c28zik5zj.jpeg

Play, piano, play is REALLY hard to get... I haven't found a good online source... Do you have one?

This is one new release I'm definitely interested in getting. I liked all of her previous albums (including the aforementioned Fragile).

Shawn, if you are interested in all of her previous albums, dont forget these two:

e611d0920ea00ec97ba9d110.L.jpg0000163671_350.jpg

I recommend both.