AAJ - BNBB collaboration?

mikeweil

The past is in the past that's true but there was some real important information that was lost and I'd love to have access to it again. One that comes to mind was the thread about lost sessions and what had not it made to cd and why not and what, as a result of that thread, did eventually see the light of day.

I don't think adding an archive will kill a board, and I for one would love to have those old threads available when searching for specific artist information, etc. I think there were some great threads on the old BNBB that are worth having around. It shouldn't be too hard to script some kind of simple import. It would probably be most useful to just grab a couple of the forum's boards though.

I use the Jazzcorner archives, but I don't find that forum as useful for the kinds of discographical questions that I often search for here and used to search for at BNBB...

I still poke my nose in at AAJ once in a while... for some reason this board has always seemed a bit "warmer" -- perhaps because the BNBB was my first jazz home.

Well, as someone who writes (in part) for a living, there are some things I posted on the BN BBS that I'd like to get back into my portfolio. Some thoughts / ramblings / lucky occasions when, in retrospect, it seems to me I hit on something like I might like to use in a future writing project.

That said, I won't pretend that I'm not a minority in this respect.

If Mike wants to do that I suppose that's his deal but to my way of thinking that would be a considerable output of time seperating the useful information wheat from the flame wars and other assorted dreck chaff.

By 'Dreck Chaff, would you mean something like this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020618173831/...ic&f=2&t=002058

:g

If Mike wants to do that I suppose that's his deal but to my way of thinking that would be a considerable output of time seperating the useful information wheat from the flame wars and other assorted dreck chaff.

By 'Dreck Chaff, would you mean something like this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20020618173831/...ic&f=2&t=002058

:g

Good guess dude. :g:g:g