Archie Shepp

EKE BBB

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Recorded live on March, 23rd 1974, Grand Auditorium Studio 104 - Maison de la Radio. Excerpts from the full performance."

Indeed.

If you check the Archie Shepp Unissued Live Recordings site for 1974 you will see ten tracks for the March 23, 1974 concert totaling just under 2 1/2 hours.  The new issue contains three tracks and the issued version of "Things Have Got to Change" (24:29) is significantly shorter than either versions listed on the site (40:55 and 33:38).

Quite apart from any vinyl vs. digital issues, this doesn't seem right to me.

Just sayin...

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 5:38 PM, erhodes said:

"Recorded live on March, 23rd 1974, Grand Auditorium Studio 104 - Maison de la Radio. Excerpts from the full performance."

Indeed.

If you check the Archie Shepp Unissued Live Recordings site for 1974 you will see ten tracks for the March 23, 1974 concert totaling just under 2 1/2 hours.  The new issue contains three tracks and the issued version of "Things Have Got to Change" (24:29) is significantly shorter than either versions listed on the site (40:55 and 33:38).

Quite apart from any vinyl vs. digital issues, this doesn't seem right to me.

Just sayin...

was the full session ever released? Would love to hear this.

6 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

was the full session ever released? Would love to hear this.

I don't believe it was.  Most of what is on that site has not been released and is not even on the "circuit".  But the discographical details vs. this commercial release are clear.