Herbie Hancock Complete Columbia Box

You might get lucky, but if you take the Miles Davis box as an example, the only copy left at amazon discounting third party sellers costs over £400.

Since the Hancock box is a large box at 34 CDs like the Miles box (53 albums, 71 CDs & 1 DVD), perhaps at most you will eventually get a reduced offering like The Perfect Miles Davis Collection (20 albums, 22 CDs). Such a set would most likely not include rarities like the Japan only releases.

Edited by erwbol

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Waiting with baited breath to see what price Amazon UK will offer it at..

Breathe out (if only to allow for sharp intake of breath): £157.99

Woah. Haven't had the supposedly automated email yet. BUT, the first-advertised pre-order price sometimes drops sharply... sometimes.

No wonder Herbie looks so hacked off....

116.99 at Sainsbury's http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Music/CD/Herbie-Hancock/The-Complete-Columbia-Albums-Collection/product.html?product=E11273913

Ha! I'm Chris Pearson. Must be something to do with the link I created.

Feel free to buy me the Herbie Hancock box, David. I won't mind.

Ha ha!

What i want to know is, if I ordered it, would have been sent to you?

Don't ask me. I don't even understand how you got redirected to my wish list.

Damn you, Amazon!

• 2 weeks later...

The box set arrived in one piece. North American board members who purchased through amazon.de will be happy to know the Hancock set (a cube) was wrapped in thick bubble plastic, placed inside a tight fitting cardboard cube, taped up and put into a far larger cardboard box for shipping (filled up with thick brown recycled paper). This is a style of packaging I have not experienced from Amazon in Europe for a number of years. :tup

The Hancock box set itself looks very stylish and firm. Book has softcover. More later. :)

Edited by erwbol

The box set arrived in one piece. North American board members who purchased through amazon.de will be happy to know the Hancock set (a cube) was wrapped in thick bubble plastic, placed inside a tight fitting cardboard cube, taped up and put into a far larger cardboard box for shipping (filled up with thick brown recycled paper). This is a style of packaging I have not experienced from Amazon in Europe for a number of years. :tup

The Hancock box set itself looks very stylish and firm. Book has softcover. More later. :)

All of the above also applies to the Dylan box that I just received from Amazon USA.