Mosaic : Bing Crosby and some Selects on sale at Deepdiscount.com

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered the Mobley and Crosby even though they're both listed out of stock. I know I tried to order a black box Mosaic at least once from them before and it was out of stock and eventually canceled but it's worth another attempt, especially with the numbered Mobleys getting into the last 50 or so, wouldn't want to miss that one.

I've never ordered a box set from deepdiscount. Do they place the Mosaic Selects in a box or try to stuff them in a cheap bubble envelope?

I hate receiving a Select from outside of Mosaic and it comes all banged up. I got one that way from J&R. Never again with those guys.

I've never ordered a box set from deepdiscount. Do they place the Mosaic Selects in a box or try to stuff them in a cheap bubble envelope?

I hate receiving a Select from outside of Mosaic and it comes all banged up. I got one that way from J&R. Never again with those guys.

Deepdiscount uses cardboard boxes.

Seconded. I've ordered Selects from Deep Discount and they arrived pristinely.

I've never had a problem with any orders from them. I appreciate the heads-up on the Bears. I took the opportunity to order the Louis Prima. That one should be great fun! I'd also recommend the Louis Jordan.

gregmo

I'd also recommend the Louis Jordan.

I was looking at that, too. It's so damned expensive, though. That's what stopped me buying the Buddy Johnson box, which I regret now...

MG

Yeah, it's not cheap, but it's kind of rare to find a Bear Family box for any kind of sale price at all. At least, I've seldom found one. You have to love Louis Jordan's juke box music. I do, but for some it's definitely an acquired taste!

gregmo

• 4 weeks later...

The Crosby Mosaic is no longer eligible for the 25% discount. I wonder how many people got in under the wire on that one. Seems odd that they'd dangle this and the Selects and then pull back so quickly.

I ordered the Crosby Mosaic and it still hasn't shipped.

I also ordered the Crosby and another beginning of June and neither have shipped. I received an automated email last week, at the 30 day point, where they wrote that they "expect" to receive more sets in from the manufacturer within three weeks. Based on my past experiences with this retailer, they'll have us wait the two months, not make any attempts to fulfill or get more stock, and eventually cancel the orders.

I also ordered the Crosby and another beginning of June and neither have shipped. I received an automated email last week, at the 30 day point, where they wrote that they "expect" to receive more sets in from the manufacturer within three weeks. Based on my past experiences with this retailer, they'll have us wait the two months, not make any attempts to fulfill or get more stock, and eventually cancel the orders.

I had a different experience several years ago however. I ordered a set, got the same backorder message, and did receive the set about three weeks later.

The Bing Crosby is selling for $79.94 (free shipping) at deepdiscount.

codes:

25MORE

GREEN1

DVDTALK

Check out the BEAR FAMILY boxes for big discounts too.

Bing Crosby Mosaic

Bear Family label

This post has been edited by J.A.W.: 04 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

not to start a ruckus - but i am curious as to what was edited in this post by the moderator?

:huh:

Edited by Bright Moments

codes:

25MORE

GREEN1

DVDTALK

Bing Crosby Mosaic

Bear Family label

not to start a ruckus - but i am curious as to what was edited in this post by the moderator?

I think there was a link to the MOSAIC SELECTs

codes:

25MORE

GREEN1

DVDTALK

Bing Crosby Mosaic

Bear Family label

I think there was a link to the MOSAIC SELECTs

There was something wrong with the original links. I don't remember exactly what (it's over a month ago), but they didn't work properly. I fixed them, and that's all I did.

• 3 weeks later...

The Crosby Mosaic is no longer eligible for the 25% discount. I wonder how many people got in under the wire on that one. Seems odd that they'd dangle this and the Selects and then pull back so quickly.

I ordered the Crosby Mosaic and it still hasn't shipped.

Ordered on June 4th.

Just received an email that they are shipping the Crosby MOSAIC. :rolleyes:

I'm also happy to see that I've received a shipping notice for the Crosby. The Mobley set from the same order is still out of stock so I wonder if they're waiting to re-stock that one or just processing it differently in some way.