Marilyn Crispell: One Dark Night I Left My Silent House

B. Goren.

One dark night Marilyn Crispell left her silent house and recorded an improvised duet with clarinetist David Rothenberg.

This new CD (ECM) will be released next week. New release by Marilyn Crispell, always makes me happy.

Needless to say I pre ordered it.

419lrfI0klL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by B. Goren.

Definitely sounds worthwhile. Hopefully it will show up on YourMusic. If not, I'll certainly buy it.

ECMs have not been hitting Yourmusic recently, not like I have been expecting them to. Any ECM new release I'm interested in, I just buy it now.

Definitely sounds worthwhile. Hopefully it will show up on YourMusic. If not, I'll certainly buy it.

ECMs have not been hitting Yourmusic recently, not like I have been expecting them to. Any ECM new release I'm interested in, I just buy it now.

They seem to be selective. The recent Steve Kuhn, Keith Jarrett, John Abercrombie and Miroslav Vituous titles showed up after a long, long while, but other recent titles like John Surman's last one are MIA. They do carry another Crispell title, so who knows ...

They seem to be selective. The recent Steve Kuhn, Keith Jarrett, John Abercrombie and Miroslav Vituous titles showed up after a long, long while, but other recent titles like John Surman's last one are MIA. They do carry another Crispell title, so who knows ...

This new Crispell looks too good to wait for yourmusic so I pre-ordered it from Borders with the latest 40% coupon.

definite echoes of Giuffre and Bley on this, for me. It's one of Crispell's more "considered" and "quiet" albums and the bass clarinet gives some beautifully lyrical counterpoint to the piano. Crispell makes very effective and subtle use of playing inside the piano. If you've enjoyed her run of ECM albums I suspect you'll find this a treat.

• 2 weeks later...