Silly questions regarding cd transport and storage

I realize that some East Bay residents probably own cds, but I thought I'd ask this for my own peace of mind.

My girlfriend and I will be moving out to Oakland, California next week. We're renting a Penske 16-footer. I'd like to bring my cds out with us, but my girlfriend (who probably would be happier if the cds were not out there with us but will live with them if I want to take them) cautioned me that they might be damaged by warm temperatures as we cross the Southwest. I'm also concerned - hopefully without justification - about storing them on shelves in our apartment out in California. My discs currently sit in my parents' basement, which is always fairly cool. Oakland, on the other hand, can get warm during the summer, although perhaps without the stickiness of Minnesota summers.

To recap, does anyone have an idea of how likely the cds will be damaged while sitting in the truck as we traverse high-temperatured states, or how likely they are to be damaged by storing them in an non-air-conditioned third-floor apartment in Oakland?

Thanks

I'm 95% sure that both CDs and LPs should be safe in a moving truck. It's more direct heat that causes problems. I will be loading roughly 1000 LPs and 1500 or so CDs into a truck next month from Iowa to Louisiana and have no worries.

As far as the apartment goes, how hot are we talking, really? In any temperature fit for living they should be fine. If the apartment is sealed off with no cooling mechanism, then I don't know. But I don't see why that would be the case.

Can't imagine you'd have a problem. Shipped/drove my vinyl collection from Seattle --> Philly --> Seattle --> Philly, both times in the middle of hot summers, with nary a problem (other than the stolen box of "Jazz Vinyl - A - Coltrane (Impulse)" (yes, really. Stupid, stupid, STUPID idea to label your shit that way).

Should have said, "all three times"...